Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Removing Virtual Cockpit

I am ytying to port one of my own FS9 aircraft to FSX.It does not not have a virtual cockpit and I use the VCSkip gauge to supress the VC view when stepping through views in FS9.How can I stop it from displaying the VC in FSX?

Guest FlugSimulatorXfan

You can´t delate the VC View on your Flight sim (or it is very difficult)Or do you mean to want to change, that the 2D Panel is the default one which should be shown, when you start the loading the aircraft?You can do this if you go to "Settings -> Adjust (or something like that) -> Airplane -> and now check 2D-Cockpit under Default Cockpit ViewIt sould look like that: vc_set10.jpg

I am ytying to port one of my own FS9 aircraft to FSX.It does not not have a virtual cockpit and I use the VCSkip gauge to supress the VC view when stepping through views in FS9.How can I stop it from displaying the VC in FSX?
Just curious if you have tried the DSD skip gauge in FSX.In the author's documentation all Doug said was that "it's functionality in FSX was yet to be determined".Let us know the results if you decide to put it to the test.

Just curious if you have tried the DSD skip gauge in FSX.In the author's documentation all Doug said was that "it's functionality in FSX was yet to be determined".Let us know the results if you decide to put it to the test.
Thanks for the assistance.I haven't tried VCSkip but I will. My main concern was ro avoid the non-existent VC being displayed on loading, which FlugSimulatorXfan's advice solved.

Thanks for the assistance.I haven't tried VCSkip but I will. My main concern was ro avoid the non-existent VC being displayed on loading, which FlugSimulatorXfan's advice solved.
I have been surprised by the number of FSX users who apparently have never discovered that you can set the default cockpit view to either 2D or VC.Looking forward to your feedback on VCSkip in FSX.

I was one of thiose people - having moved from FS9 I never bothered exploring the finer points of FSX.VCSkipView does work with FSX. It suppress the VC when cycling through the views with the s key. It doesn't suppress it on pressing the F9 key.For those interested I attach attach the XML code. - I didn't write this mtself so I only think I know how it works and have forgotten who gave it to me.

<Gauge Name="VCViewSkip" Version="1.0">     <Keys>        <On Event="VIEW_MODE">1 (>G:Var1)</On>         <On Event="VIEW_MODE_REV">0 (>G:Var1)</On>     </Keys>   <Element>       <Select>             <Value>(P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 2 == if{ (G:Var1) if{ (>K:VIEW_MODE) } els{ (>K:VIEW_MODE_REV) } }</Value>       </Select>   </Element></Gauge>