Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

You all "wanna" see something cool....

Look at this weather engine......download the demo and read all about it.....just amazing...... http://www.simul.co.uk/weatherNow take this weather engine and use this sim. engine and your on for a bad a$$ ride.....

http://www.outerra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=86 read all about it, there is some good info if you can put 2 and 2 together.......they have a NDA with somebody......who can be big enough to have them signed a NDA agreement......I'll let you guess this one.....:(

Yes indeed, some excitement is certainly being generated there.Hopefully it will lead to something.

Look at this weather engine......download the demo and read all about it.....just amazing...... http://www.simul.co.uk/weatherNow take this weather engine and use this sim. engine and your on for a bad a$$ ride.....
http://www.outerra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=86 read all about it, there is some good info if you can put 2 and 2 together.......they have a NDA with somebody......who can be big enough to have them signed a NDA agreement......I'll let you guess this one.....:(
Aerosoft, cant be MS, they are making a browsergame.

Aerosoft, cant be MS, they are making a browsergame.
If you had actually read the linked thread, you'd have found that Aerosoft is not the one...Neither is it MS, who a NOT making a "browsergame..."FAIL on two counts!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you had actually read the linked thread, you'd have found that Aerosoft is not the one...Neither is it MS, who a NOT making a "browsergame..."FAIL on two counts!
I was just guessing, nothing wrong with that, why would i read through all that "we cant tell you anything under NDA stuff", i seriously doubt any of it will ever materialize into a flightsim anyway.

Here is what I think and wrote on other forums....(only pure speculation) :( ,....as of now a lot of dev. are in bed with MS and they can't talk about it cause they have a NDA :( ...Outerra made mention of their NDA but they did not tell with whom it is they have their NDA with......now who's big enough to have somebody signe a NDA.... i'll let you guess this one......Let say MS is working with Outerra for the new sim. .....Outerra is providing the engine...MS will put everything in place...now MS is selling the new sim. as an online game... so you pay MS (one shot deal) to have access to their sim....now let say you don't like the default scenery you'r looking at........you can buy compatible addons for this new sim. from other dev. like Orbx or Flight1 REX ++ where they can be downloaded to where you want to fly....at the same time no more addons piracy and MS charge a % to the dev.........about that......As we already know Outtera will be in alpha testing soon according to what they wrote on their forum as simul is also......we also know MS said they will start alpha testing soon.....hummmm .... ....now if Outtera did not signed their NDA with MS who can be big enough to do that.... Flight1?.....or can some dev. get together to raise $$$ to do it?....your guess is as good as mine.Now let say you want to keep FSX like it is.....no problems....you can still buy addons for it BUT if the new sim. is so fantastic :( FSX will fade like FS2004 did.......Can this make sense to you.........B)

Can this make sense to you.........:(
Honestly? No, not a bit. Having actually read the thread linked to, the second sentence of the first post puts paid to the entire straw man argument (pertinent clause highlighted in red):
We have been approached by "a second biggest player in the flight simulation in Germany" some time ago, and there are other possibilities gradually opening as well.
Unless Microsoft has relocated to Germany and has has suddenly become only the "second biggest player..." :Hypnotized:This type of reasoning is just like making cotton candy: take a tiny amount of sugar and spin it around rapidly to create a H U G E cloud of cotton candy. :(

Fr. Bill    

MS may be not using Outtera engine I'll give you that but MS will have their sim. online and addons will be available for it from other dev....on that I'll bet money.Who's the second biggest players in addons in Germany? Do you know?

Who's the biggest player in the flight simulation in Germany?

You appeared to be older/wiser to me .. the usage of "Fail" tells me you are young ..  :(

You appeared to be older/wiser to me .. the usage of "Fail" tells me you are young ..  :(
You're durn toot'n Skippy! At the tender age of sixty-two I'm just entering the Prime of my Youth! <hack! looking around for my false teeth...>

Fr. Bill    

This Outerra video is very very cool. Depth is amazing, haze is amazing, FPS is amazing. It needs a lot of work but I'd buy it if it was created into a detailed flight sim.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.