Sign in to follow this  
CAPTAIN_CARESS

MILAN MALPENSA AIRPORT IN FS9! HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED IT?

I have noticed that every time i start my take off roll at Milan Malpensa Airport, Italy in FS9, the aircraft 'bops' up and down vertically, as if the runway is corregated!It is quite a drastic and unreasonable motion, it even happens with no significant weather conditions, so its not the winds that's causing the problem. It is really frustrating and seems to happen on any of the runways at the airport and happens regardless of which aircraft i fly- even the default aircraft.This is surely a bug/fault common with all the FS9 sims, as i even got my first copy exchanged from the place of purchase when i realised this problem. But it is still evident , even with my new copy.Is it a known problem amongst other users, or could it be my systems fault?Thanks for any help!

Hi, I'm assuming that you are using the default scenery? If so , that this is definately something that MS needs to address with a flatten switch or by super imposing a transparent runway over the existing one. I had this same prablem when I imported Italy 2000 into Fs2002 (LIRN still isn't right) I was able to use this scenery only after the original author and a couple of freeware designers were able to correct the problem. But as I said if this is the default scenery, then IMHO , MS should fix it! Cheers!

Guest Jozef_K

No problems here. I have tried it on runway 35R with the default Cessna 172 and the default B737. All the way down the runway with quite some speed. The Cessna is a litte "bumpy" when the speed increases, but the Boeing was stable as a rock. No additional scenery used.Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg

Hey guys, i can confirm it is the default scenery. I'll try it out again and see what happens. I hope it aint a problem with my PC, as it's only a year old!It's a shame, as the Milan default area is very nice!