Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

Thinking of buying Ultimate Traffic? You sure??

Guest allblack

Well, do it. It turned up in my letter box yesterday, installed it last night and this thing is fantastic!To see Air New Zealand planes zipping around has made my day/week/month/year.I have a wee issue that when I load the TCAS, I lose some of the default keys in FS ( "W" for example to get full screen ), but I'm sure there's an explanantion somewhere for this that I've missed.For years I've avoided "add-on's" to my sim for fear of ruining it's natural process and bogging up my machine.Man, was I wrong!Buy it. Now.CheersTim

Guest Coneman

Hi Tim,I'm with ya. I've had a few "oh my gosh" moments with FS. The first was flying in FS9 for the first time. The second was installing Ultimate Traffic. Now the third is replacing the UT models with Aardvark and FSPainter stuff. It truly is a royal pain but the benefits are better frame rates and amazing looking aircraft. A win- win. But I think UT has got to be one of the best deals going.Todd

I agree, UT is great at well trodden airports, but I am currently finding it very shy in the Central Africa region. In fact, over the last 23 hrs of flight time I have had in this region I have only seen two aircraft, both of which were parked on the ground. Surely there are more aircraft and routes in this region IRL.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Its a great addon BUT.for a little bit of time you could creat thi svery same experience yourself for free. Just takes some reading and spare time.Gary HayesPOSKY Aircraft Paintercurrent airport project KLITgary@projectopensky.comP4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Guest yaphet kotto

if you have that time then you are a very lucky person! i'd rather spend my precious and limited free time with MSFS flying than downloading an installing project AI and all the various flights and models and textures, so UT is perfect for the likes of me.

I use UT since the FS2004 version came out and I admit it is really great programme.However for us Europeans it is a pitty, that the scheduled charter traffic is ignored completely. Scheduled charters can make more than 50 % of the traffic on many, many airports during the holiday season especially in the Mediterrenian area in the UK in the alps, but generally all over Europe. E. g. on weekends in summer Palma de Mallorca becomes Europe's second busiest airport (behind Heathrow) only because of scheduled charters. When you go to this airport in FS2004 using UT at 100 % there are hardly airplenes there.Schedules for these charters are available. So my wish to the developers of UT: please incorporate scheduled charter traffic into the next version of UT. Otherwise the UT world in Europe is not realistic at all.Wolfgang

Guest Coneman

A little bit of time is a little bit of an understatement. Besides I don't mind supporting PAI by purchasing from Flight 1.Todd

Guest hotwheels71

>I agree, UT is great at well trodden airports, but I am>currently finding it very shy in the Central Africa region. >In fact, over the last 23 hrs of flight time I have had in>this region I have only seen two aircraft, both of which were>parked on the ground. Surely there are more aircraft and>routes in this region IRL.>Yeah, I've been finding this as I fly in South America through the "Hoppin' Round The World" flights. I'm only about 10 flights into it, but the traffic is pretty sparse. From what I can determine, some of the airports I've landed at are pretty major, but the airports/AFCADS in FS9 are small, and the UT is sparse, even at 100%. This is a real bummer, because you're flying across this great continent, and it is LONELY (which often means boring). UT is strong and thrilling in the U.S. from what I've seen so far, but my few international flights have been disappointing.Perhaps I need to download some South American AFCADS. Would that improve my UT traffic?

Guest frankcubillos

>>I agree, UT is great at well trodden airports, but I am>>currently finding it very shy in the Central Africa region. >>In fact, over the last 23 hrs of flight time I have had in>>this region I have only seen two aircraft, both of which>were>>parked on the ground. Surely there are more aircraft and>>routes in this region IRL.>>>>Yeah, I've been finding this as I fly in South America through>the "Hoppin' Round The World" flights. I'm only about 10>flights into it, but the traffic is pretty sparse. From what I>can determine, some of the airports I've landed at are pretty>major, but the airports/AFCADS in FS9 are small, and the UT is>sparse, even at 100%. This is a real bummer, because you're>flying across this great continent, and it is LONELY (which>often means boring). UT is strong and thrilling in the U.S.>from what I've seen so far, but my few international flights>have been disappointing.>>Perhaps I need to download some South American AFCADS. Would>that improve my UT traffic?Might run a repaint list and see what repaints you can add, alternatively check the box prior to compile that installs default paints on the unpainted scheduled traffic.We have a ton of repaints for the PAI models, might want to check it out! Thanks for the support. :-)http://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg