Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

basic question for fsx users

For some reason I have no stock b737_800 showing as a selectable aircraft, but it is intact in the simobjects directoryI reviewed the b737_800 file and it looks ok to meIt just does not show in the aircraft selection. I think i had this once before and it was due to duplication of the file.but there is currently no duplication of this aircraft.Thoughts. Peter

For some reason I have no stock b737_800 showing as a selectable aircraft, but it is intact in the simobjects directoryI reviewed the b737_800 file and it looks ok to meIt just does not show in the aircraft selection. I think i had this once before and it was due to duplication of the file.but there is currently no duplication of this aircraft.Thoughts. Peter
Double check the folder again and see that it has a Panel folder also. The Panel folder must be there and it must be "valid" in order for the aircraft to display in the selection menu.If it is not there and/or is aliased to a non-existent panel, then FSX assumes this is an AI only aircraft and will not display it.

Yes it shows a panel , and appears correct, There is only one panel file in the aircraft folderIm a bit stumped Thanks of the idea. anything else you can think of pete

Yes it shows a panel , and appears correct, There is only one panel file in the aircraft folderIm a bit stumped Thanks of the idea. anything else you can think of pete
Probably just a typo - but you said the default B737-800 folder was in your SimObjects folder - It should be in your SimObjects\Airplanes folder.Assuming that is what you meant - can you confirm that you have the following in that panel folder - there should be 7 files - 5 bmps, 1 panel.cfg and one named B737_800.cabKeep us posted.

OPAYes I had the 737 in the simobjects\airplanes folder. ( I been at this long enough to know that but I should have been a more preciseAlso you suggested something that triggered a thought.So here is what I did;I simply renamed the file to panel.bakand then renamed back to its proper name. For some reason the aircraft showed up on the list of aircraft. I have no idea why that worked but perhaps I had so odd character in the name.Thank you for your suggestion. These little annoyances can drive me crazyThanks again. peter

Guest firehawk44
Thank you for your suggestion. These little annoyances can drive me crazy
And everyone else here trying to find a solution for you! LOL. Glad to see you got it working again.Best regards,Jim

OPAYes I had the 737 in the simobjects\airplanes folder. ( I been at this long enough to know that but I should have been a more preciseAlso you suggested something that triggered a thought.So here is what I did;I simply renamed the file to panel.bakand then renamed back to its proper name. For some reason the aircraft showed up on the list of aircraft. I have no idea why that worked but perhaps I had so odd character in the name.Thank you for your suggestion. These little annoyances can drive me crazyThanks again. peter
Hi Peter,This is just a hunch but this can happen and does happen to us all - an "oversensitive mouse" (not the one which squeaks to complain that it had a bad day but your PC mouse) - perhaps you had clicked on the panel.cfg file and accidentally had a SPACE in the file name which won't be easy to spot, or an extra period which would be hard to see if your screen fonts are small or resolution is very high.

Probably just a typo - but you said the default B737-800 folder was in your SimObjects folder - It should be in your SimObjects\Airplanes folder.Assuming that is what you meant - can you confirm that you have the following in that panel folder - there should be 7 files - 5 bmps, 1 panel.cfg and one named B737_800.cabKeep us posted.
Does the .cab file typically remain zipped. I read some instructions that said to copy the Maule's .cab file to the Piper arrow's file to make a certain gauge but there is no .cab file that i can find in maule 626. I think I'm not exactly sure what a .cab file is or what it looks like. I looked at threads to see if there was a definition or explanation but didn't find anything.