Sign in to follow this  
asanal

Will it work with FSX

I am so close to buy it ,but, still worrying if I will get 30 FPS+ in major airports with FSX sliders all the way right .Do you think it will work?ThanksPROCESSORS Intel® Core™i7-980X processor Extreme(8MB L2 Cache, 3.33GHz) edit OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English edit MEMORY 9GB Tri Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 6 DIMMs edit MONITOR 24.0" Dell ST2410 Full HD Monitor with VGA cable edit VIDEO CARD ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB GDDR5 edit (OR GTX 480)HARD DRIVE 1TB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache edit

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Guest chris493

A few things:-I can see you are going through dell. Don't. 1) they fill it with pointless programs that bog down ur system. 2) you would save yourself so much more money by building it yourself. -Dont get a 5970. FWaste of money on an FSX system, as FSX doesn't use dual GPU's. Save money and get the nVidia GTX480, you also get less issues with the nvidia card in FSX.-Whats that rubbish about 9GB tri channel ram? Get 6GB tri channel (3x2GB), 1600MHz C6 or C7 RAM. -Change your hard drive. Get the following: A 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Western Digital Caviar Black A dedicated SSD or Velociraptor for FSX. Putting FSX on the same harddrive as everything else will do you no favours. -Get a decent case and CPU cooler and OC the 980x to around 4.2GHz.

Guest jahman
Dont get a 5970. FWaste of money on an FSX system, as FSX doesn't use dual GPU's.
Actually 2 GPU performance is below single GPU peformance in FSX because the second GPU adds stu... stut... stutter!And don't forget to turn hyperthreading off in your BIOS! (HT adds nothing to FSX except more heat from the associated circuitry, lowering your max OC.)Cheers,- jahman.

A few things:-I can see you are going through dell. Don't. 1) they fill it with pointless programs that bog down ur system. 2) you would save yourself so much more money by building it yourself. -Dont get a 5970. FWaste of money on an FSX system, as FSX doesn't use dual GPU's. Save money and get the nVidia GTX480, you also get less issues with the nvidia card in FSX.-Whats that rubbish about 9GB tri channel ram? Get 6GB tri channel (3x2GB), 1600MHz C6 or C7 RAM. -Change your hard drive. Get the following: A 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Western Digital Caviar Black A dedicated SSD or Velociraptor for FSX. Putting FSX on the same harddrive as everything else will do you no favours. -Get a decent case and CPU cooler and OC the 980x to around 4.2GHz.
Chris,Thanks for your reply. I wish I can build my self. May be I check with "CyberPower PC"

Ahmet Sanal

Guest chris493

Yes. Use cyberpower or iBuyPower. They provide great gaming PCs alot cheaper than dell.

Yes. Use cyberpower or iBuyPower. They provide great gaming PCs alot cheaper than dell.
How is this rig? I will ask to Cyberpower?ThanksSanalPROCESSOR Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7 980x Extreme Six Core Processor (3.73GHz, 12MB Cache) edit OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English edit VIDEO CARD Single 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480 edit MEMORY 6GB Triple Channel 1600MHz DDR3 edit HARD DRIVE 500GB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache HDD edit ADDITIONAL HARD DRIVE 300GB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 10k RPM, 16MB Cache HDD edit MEDIA READER Alienware® 19-in-1 Media Card Reader edit OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Ahmet Sanal

Guest chris493

That's fine. If it gives you the option to select a RAM manufacturer, choose corsair dominator or whatever the highest is, as the others will be budget or value ram. Also, if it gives you the option, choose a aftermarket cooler for the processor. Usually they give the option for liquid cooling, once again go for the best one.

Chris,I will have two hard disk. I will install "only" FSX to the second "ADDITIONAL HARD DRIVE 300GB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 10k RPM, 16MB Cache HDD" and all addons "REX, UTC, PMDG MD11,747, CS727,CS707 and PC System" install to the first "HARD DRIVE 500GB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache HDD "Is this the correct way?Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

Guest chris493

No. Install anything FSX related to the 10k disc, then all other programs, games etc unrelated to the 500GB. OS also should be on the 500GB.

No. Install anything FSX related to the 10k disc, then all other programs, games etc unrelated to the 500GB. OS also should be on the 500GB.
Sorry, If I understood correctly, I should install all FSX and FSX addons "REX, UTC, PMDG MD11,747, CS727,CS707 to 10k disk and others on the 500GB?

Ahmet Sanal

Guest chris493

Yes. FSX plus all addins you have for it on the 10k. Other non FSX programs or games go on the 500GB.

Yes. FSX plus all addins you have for it on the 10k. Other non FSX programs or games go on the 500GB.
Thanks for your guidance.

Ahmet Sanal

asanal,You should not install all of your addons to the FSX drive. REX for example should be installed on your OS drive, if not the all of the REX textures will be taking up valuable realestate on your FSX drive. If you use GEX, it should reside on your OS drive as well. If you use ASE or FEX they should also reside on your OS drive. Any aircraft or scenery addons should be installed on the FSX drive.

Guest chris493

Sorry I forgot about REX And GEX. Yes they should be on your OS drive.

asanal,You should not install all of your addons to the FSX drive. REX for example should be installed on your OS drive, if not the all of the REX textures will be taking up valuable realestate on your FSX drive. If you use GEX, it should reside on your OS drive as well. If you use ASE or FEX they should also reside on your OS drive. Any aircraft or scenery addons should be installed on the FSX drive.
Sargeski and Chris,Thank you for clarifying FSX and REX,GEX type installations.

Ahmet Sanal