Sign in to follow this  
ginger1

auto brakes not working

Hi,just found out auto brakes dont work on default 737.or ifly737, yet they work on tinmouse and pmdg737posted on ifly forum but it seems its something my end,tried calibration on brake pedals and throttle, makes no differencecant find any reference to auto brake in a/c cfg files. on touch down auto brake switch snaps from max to off.but works on tinmouse and pmdg.would appriciate any ideas.thanks,Richard

Are you using the default panel with the default 737? I just tried that combination, and the autobrake works as designed.One notable bug in FS9 with the autobrakes is that they don't work IF you have more than three wheel contact points in the aircraft.cfg file. This was (and is) a common problem with Posky planes because even on 737s, they would provide a contact point for each wheel rather than each pair of wheels in the tricycle, making for six contact points - and then the autobrakes don't work. I haven't got the iFly 737 but maybe you could check that it only has three wheel contact points in the cfg file. If not, then that may be your problem, because if you load that plane, and then fly the default (or any other) planes after it in the same FS session, the sim may be 'remembering' the contact point configuration and then apply it to whatever you fly.Worth a look.;)

Thanks Microlight,Happens if i start flight with default 737, only noticed this after trying ifly,as i used default to see if it happened with it.I havnt changed any cfg files and default is as out of box,I havnt many add on a/c only tinmouse and pmdg, seems odd that they work ok, may be they changed something.Thanks for reply will keep investigating.Thanks richard.

Hm, interesting.Anyone else having trouble out there with autobraking after an iFly 737 install? :(

I dont think its an ifly issue as no other reports on ifly forum,its somthing i think in my system although its a fairly new install,will keep invstigating,Thanks Richard.

Can you add to our knowledge by telling us how you fixed it?;)
Sorry for late reply,been away.Well with help from Pete Dowson i realised i had sometime ago installed tsr auto brake!,at the time found it difficult to understand,and had forgoten about it untill i got the problem with ifly,so i reinstalled tsr and all working.Richard