Sign in to follow this  
Alti

Error in HSP-Greece Mesh?

Hello!I have installed the HSP-Greece with their Mesh.Around at the ends of the scenery it seems thatall mesh is set to the ground zero.Mountains are cutted to zero, also the water in the greec seas are in an different altitude.i can see these errors in albania, its like an line from east to west.ist there an solution to fix this?EDIT: HSP for FS9.1Alti

Sorry, no solution possible, the mesh was made incorrectly. Delete it and you can either get mesh from another source or make it yourself, which is not particularly difficult.Best regards.Luis

Sorry, no solution possible, the mesh was made incorrectly. Delete it and you can either get mesh from another source or make it yourself, which is not particularly difficult.Best regards.Luis
Luis, the HSP Mesh Terrain works just fine!And it was made professionally but people forget to read the instructions included.Regards, Panos Georgotas

Panos Georgotas

Sorry, very sorry, Panos, I based my comments, of course, on the information provided by the poster. My apologies to you and authors.Best regards.Luis

Hello again.I have the hsp-mesh so installed like in the readme of the file "hspmesh_v3_1.zip".Also i have deletet all mesh-files from older version of hsp-mesh.and it look so northern of greece, thats what i mean "like an line all is to set grond zero":10531,meshgreeceGUCER.jpgso i have deactivated the files"hspbahellas3b" and "hspbbhellas3b" it looks so in the same area:10533,withoutmeshgreeceBQXIU.jpgthere are really no way to correct this?inside of greece, the mesh is really TOP, and great;its only the border here...Alti

Hello Alti!Check if the 2 mesh bgl files are installed in base\scenery folder.c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\hsp_BBHellas3b.bglc:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\hsp_BAHellas3b.bglCheck your fs9.cfg located in "c:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\"[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21 // this value must be 21.I need more information about other sceneries that you have installed around the Greek area.Have you already installed HSP Base Scenery version 2? In attached sreenshot I didn't see any problem.The problem is out of HSP mesh terrain boundary.Here is coordinates of Elevation data.====================================Reading config and dataLatitude : N41* 58.1368'Longitude : E19* 6.1578'Width : 13764Height : 13764Cell Width : 0.000834Cell Height : 0.000834Real boundary area: Lat : 42.18750000 -> 30.23437500 (C136 -> C169) Long : 18.75000000 -> 30.93750000 (C424 -> C449)884 (26x34) cells to be processed.=====================================================Best regards,Panos

Panos Georgotas

I just downloaded the FS9 "hsp_fs9_all_in_one_1_of_2.zip" and "hsp_fs9_all_in_one_2_of_2.zip".The mesh is in the "2_of_2" file. When viewed in TMFViewer ( either the FS9 version or the FSX version ) it shows a serious error in both the LOD5 mesh and the LOD9 mesh. In the LOD5 there is a -250m elevational border to the north and east edges, as well as a large ocean area of -32640m.In the LOD9 mesh, there is a large ocean area at -32640m. The ocean should be 0m, of course, and the edge of -250m is just wrong.I'm curious, was this made using Slartibartfast? That program can produce mesh errors.Dick

I just downloaded the FS9 "hsp_fs9_all_in_one_1_of_2.zip" and "hsp_fs9_all_in_one_2_of_2.zip".The mesh is in the "2_of_2" file. When viewed in TMFViewer ( either the FS9 version or the FSX version ) it shows a serious error in both the LOD5 mesh and the LOD9 mesh. In the LOD5 there is a -250m elevational border to the north and east edges, as well as a large ocean area of -32640m.In the LOD9 mesh, there is a large ocean area at -32640m. The ocean should be 0m, of course, and the edge of -250m is just wrong.I'm curious, was this made using Slartibartfast? That program can produce mesh errors.Dick
Hello Dick,This project was made by me as member of HSP Team, 5 or 6 years ago. www.avsim.com/greece/sceneryThe problem at the North and South corners of Mesh Terrain was found in version 2, and I fixed it, as you can see in bellow screenshot.The version 3.1 appears properly with correct values in FSX TMF viewer, if you load the default mesh terrain from ...world/scenery, see screenshots bellow.North/West corner.South/East corner.Yes I use Jim Keir,jimkeir@yahoo.co.uk "Slartibartfast" http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/Autogen/index.html In my system I can't reproduce this error!Any help from you is always welcome.Regards, Panos Edited by PanosG

Panos Georgotas

Hi Panos.It doesn't matter where the mesh is loaded from. You can't have elevations of -32640m and -250m and believe the mesh is OK. The data is not right. Any version of TMFViewer would confirm this. And end-users are also confirming the problem.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=hsp_fs9_all_in_one_2_of_2.zipIn the zip file I loaded and checked the 2 mesh files with TMFViewer. Each file has the serious problems I noted above. It is caused by Slartibartfast. When using Slarti, the Source files must cover a considerably larger area than the end mesh. The Destination must not "UseSourceDimensions", but must specify the coordinates ( it might even need slightly expanded coordinates ).The mesh needs to be redone, and confirmed by TMFViewer as well-formed. It's possible the mesh you have differs from what AVSIM has in the Library. I would check that to make sure no poorly-formed mesh is accidentally spread.Here's what a well-formed mesh looks like in TMFViewer:wellformedmesh.pngThe white areas are -9999m elevation ( void areas ).Dick

The white areas are -9999m elevation ( void areas ).
Sorry... I meant the white areas are SkipZeroBlocks = True in the destination section. The FS2000 resample has no null.

Hi,...Check if the 2 mesh bgl files are installed in base\scenery folder....\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\hsp_BBHellas3b.bgl...\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\hsp_BAHellas3b.bglYes, the files ar in these directories.Check your fs9.cfg located in "c:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\"[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21 // this value must be 21.This Setting to 21 did solve the problem. (but why?) My setting was 20...BUT the setting of 21 make troubles in many coastlines with textures of sea on mountains....So i will set it to 20 again and i would like to live with the error in the meshaoutside of greece. And yes, the error is outside of greece,in the north border, in the adria sea and in the aegean sea.thanks for help,Alti

Hi,...Check if the 2 mesh bgl files are installed in base\scenery folder....\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\hsp_BBHellas3b.bgl...\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\hsp_BAHellas3b.bglYes, the files ar in these directories.Check your fs9.cfg located in "c:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\"[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21 // this value must be 21.This Setting to 21 did solve the problem. (but why?) My setting was 20...BUT the setting of 21 make troubles in many coastlines with textures of sea on mountains....So i will set it to 20 again and i would like to live with the error in the meshaoutside of greece. And yes, the error is outside of greece,in the north border, in the adria sea and in the aegean sea.thanks for help,Alti
Hi Alti!I was abroad for a couple of days. I will check this problem out and I will let you know soon.P.S. Check out the layer priority numbers of HSP Greece scenery folder and HSP Greece (no texture).=================================[Area.040]Title=HSP GreeceLocal=Scenery\HSP GreeceRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=40[Area.041]Title=HSP Greece (no texture)Local=Scenery\HSP Greece (no texture)Remote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=41====================================Regards,Panos

Panos Georgotas

Sorry... I meant the white areas are SkipZeroBlocks = True in the destination section. The FS2000 resample has no null.
Hi Dick!This is correct?Panos

Panos Georgotas

Hi Dick!This is correct?Panos
North West42.1875 - 18.75South East33.75 37.5DATAGTOPO30/LAYER 1SRTM VERSION 4.1 /LAYER 2ASTER GDEM/LAYER 3LOD = AUTOHope it's good enough!Panos

Panos Georgotas

P.S. Check out the layer priority numbers of HSP Greece scenery folder and HSP Greece (no texture).=================================[Area.040]Title=HSP GreeceLocal=Scenery\HSP GreeceRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=40[Area.041]Title=HSP Greece (no texture)Local=Scenery\HSP Greece (no texture)Remote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=41====================================Regards,Panos
Hi Panos,this is positive,the entries are there - with an other number,my entries are in the 173 and 174 -but these is not dramaticaly for fs9.Alti