Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

I bought a new car. It

I took delivery of my new car two weeks ago and have had endless problems with it. It replaces the 2001 model which, after some tweaking of the engine, ran very smoothly indeed. This new model, the FS9, runs very slowly and erratically, the engine stutters when I turn a corner

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Guest Max Cowgill

LMAO! That's a great first post :) Welcome to the forums, BTW. Oh, and folks, if you can't laugh at this you need to have your funny bone checked ;)-Max Cowgill

Guest OneTinSoldier

:-laugh1 ROFL! I too hope people can see the humor in this.Indeed, it is a great first post.

Spend some more money and have an automatic transmission installed. It'll cure all your problems.

Guest SoarPics

Ahhh... I know your problem. You need to add the thingamabob option. Lousy salesman didn't mention it, huh? The FS9 simply won't run right without the thingamabob. Of course, once you add that you'll quickly start thinking about eeking out additional performance from your FS9. There are a number of doodads, whatchamacalits, fancydans, and widgets that will also "hop up" your FS9. Fortunately there are many stores that sell the much desired add-ons and accessories for the FS9... just bring your money.It's all fun,

Actually you did not buy a new car! What you bought was the body panels, tranny, tank and a front end. You combined this with your own suspension system, engine, electrical system and interior. If your final assembled car does not run well, maybe the problem is either yours or the interface of the components.Software/Hardware...its a two way street!PS: you can purchase a new car from Autosoft, it is called AutoXbox!!

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Very weird. I do suspect it is that cheap gasoline you've been putting in, or your poor driving style.I purchased the same make and model last month and it's been very good to me.In fact, the only person I know who did have some problems with one turned out to have filled it up with diesel fuel instead of high-octane unleaded. After having the engine cleaned and putting in the correct fuel it is now running very well indeed, more than surpassing the performance of his old 2001 model.So I expect that your problem is something similar. Indeed either bad fuel or an incorrect driving style (like trying to go 200mph in a tight corner).

Guest Max Cowgill

>Very weird. I do suspect it is that cheap gasoline you've>been putting in, or your poor driving style.>>I purchased the same make and model last month and it's been>very good to me.>In fact, the only person I know who did have some problems>with one turned out to have filled it up with diesel fuel>instead of high-octane unleaded. After having the engine>cleaned and putting in the correct fuel it is now running very>well indeed, more than surpassing the performance of his old>2001 model.>>So I expect that your problem is something similar. Indeed>either bad fuel or an incorrect driving style (like trying to>go 200mph in a tight corner).That's right Jwenting! Because MS is infallible and has never released a product with any bugs! All problems with MS products are caused by the user. ::sarcasm off::Seriously, why be an apologist for MS? It's not as though they need your help... It's great if you're not having any problems with MSFS and you can provide a nice little anecdote where the user was at fault, but being an MS apologist doesn't make it any better for the people out there that are having problems. Oh, and the "poor driving style" comment was completely uncalled for, as it implies user incompetence. I highly doubt our friend "thefrog" is an idiot or incompetent as your remarks imply. -Max Cowgill

You read in it what you like, I read something else...He's talking about a possible production problem with a particular model car, I'm telling him there's many more people who do not have that particular problem.He might indeed try to push his vehicle beyond its design parameters, for which the vehicle can hardly be blamed as it has an integrated computer system that calculates the limits to performance based on the road it is on (though allowing the user to override those limits as any good system should).

Guest Max Cowgill

>You read in it what you like, I read something else...>>He's talking about a possible production problem with a>particular model car, I'm telling him there's many more people>who do not have that particular problem.>He might indeed try to push his vehicle beyond its design>parameters, for which the vehicle can hardly be blamed as it>has an integrated computer system that calculates the limits>to performance based on the road it is on (though allowing the>user to override those limits as any good system should).So the "car" in this case is designed so that the user can only have one window open at a time? Having more than one window open at a time is pushing the "car" beyond its design parameters? Oh, and throwing a lot of intellectual-sounding words around doesn't make you an intellectual, nor does it make your argument any better for it. Seriously, why be an apologist for MS? Do you think that by excusing any and all design flaws in MS products you will make the products any better, or extend their life? Do you get a check from MS for it? What do you (or anyone else) stand to gain from it?-Max Cowgill

Guest OneTinSoldier

Max,I have often wondered myself why JWenting is such an MS worshiper. I have seen him throw a temper tantrum once when someone once did a little MS bashing. It seemd to mostly be aimed at the fact they used M$ in place of MS. I thought, big deal, as impolite as they may be, no need to thrown a fit. Unless you're a worshiper I suppose. He's made numerous posts that started with 'Troll Alert!' when someone makes a post that complained in any way, shape, or form about MS products, which made me want to :-erks Therefore, I have only been able to come to the conclusion that he, as you are asking, either gets a check from them, or wishes he did. If you keep that in mind about JWenting, then I think you'll have lot better understanding about his posts concerning anything negative about MS and thier products.Regards,Jim Richards

Hey guys.... :-samuraiThese forums are designed to inform, teach, help and have fun... If you can't see the humor in the original post, I suggest you keep you windows rolled up, and just talk to yourself.. Of course making faces through your window is allowed ...... :-blaEveryone is entitled to an opinion.:-wave RJ