Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

King Air 350 Fast Taxi in FS2004?

My King Air 350 taxi speed is too high. I have the throttle calibrated. The throttle is at idle. The condition levers are at idle and the taxi speed is too high. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks, regards, Bob.

funny i have the same problem, my problem is that my joystick throttle is on idle, but the engines sounds like reved up and once i release the brakes it starts moving faster and faster down the runway.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest paulri

Using the KA350 in FS2004, just like I did in FS2002 AND FS2000. I have calibrated the throttle (as well as all other controls) using FSUIPC (its payware now for FS2004--I have no problem with that) and everything works just fine. I taxi with condition levers set to Low Idle, Prop lever to HIGH RPM, throttle ~17% torque once it gets started rolling, manages a nice sedate 12 knots taxi. Sometimes need to add a small amount of power when braking for turns on the taxiway, but then can back off as soon as I straightend out agian. Your problem is most likely that, even if you THINK you have calibrated the throttle, you have NOT. You need to be sure you are at true idle. When calibrating, leave a small amount of aft motion still unused when you click on the "idle" spot. Then, when you do pull it all the way back, you should have true idle, with no polling spikes causing problems. Same problem existed in FS2002, the same thing will cure it.HTH,Paul

Guest JR Morgan

'Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think 'real-world' turbine engined planes like the KA 350 always run high rpm, wherther taxiing or flying. The "real world" pilots control Fwd thrust, thrust-reverse-braking, etc 'largely' by adjustment of prop pitch. I'd expect those major functions are system-automated?In the FS8 & FS9 sims, since most of us are week-end (sim) pilots and not used to the necessairly different techniques of 'playing the prop pitch levers', I think M$ has designed the sim to "sound fairly accurate-audiowise" but increasing taxi speed and take-off thrust is 'faked' to be handled by simply using the main throttle same as we do on a C-182.I've found that calibrating my Joystick'a throttle approx 3/8 inch from "apparent" throttle-closed position (3/8" from being fully rearward) works fine to not allow the King Air to move fwd with the joystick's throttle fully closed (at the bottom limit). I do this during throttle calibration by simply holding my little finger between the throttle and the "real" end-of-travel. You still have the full throttle performance range but it's simply 'compressed' a little during calibration and the "finger-width" results in a "dead-zone". --- At least it seems to work that way :-)J.R

Guest RSmith

Paul's advise above, works. Since calibrating in that manner, taxi speeds much more managable. Along with taxi, proper calibration helps in landing too, as you pull off power. At one point, I was "spiking", had hard time getting her to "sit"......KA likes to glide near the ground... !BTW - for us KA fans, file upload yesterday "Blue-Teal" replacement paint job by Jessee Elliott very nice ! I also disliked the default yellow-black, as Jessee says - change of paint is usually one of my 1st "tweaks" when resetting recent FS versions !Ron6FD2