Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmce

Easter Eggs - Aircraft Carriers - Where Are They ????

Guest Stanner1953

In FS 2002 there was an aircraft carrier anchored off Hickman Field,Pearl Harbor, Hwaii. This carrier is not there in FS9. Does anyone have the coordinates of aircraft carriers and other Easter Eggs in FS9?Thank you.Stanner

Guest Milamber

I don't know where the carriers are but I do have a question. Why do people insist on refering to scenery elements as "Easter Eggs"? The term "Easter Egg" was originally applied to the computer software biz to refer to the practice of programmers including HIDDEN elements such as programmers' names or other things of interest to the programmers that could only be found by doing crazy things in the program. Sometimes it could be clicking some obscure part of the screen while holding down some strange combination of keys that revealed the "Easter Egg". But calling a scenery element in Flight Sim an Easter Egg is quite a stretch. They aren't hidden, ie all you have to do is fly over where it is, but you don't have to do anything weird to see it. Also these are just common elements that may be a surprise to some but they would not represent anything unique that a programmer may be trying to be clever by hiding it in the program. Now maybe if we were talking about a billboard with a picture of relevance to the programmers or maybe a statute of some character that normally would not be expected to be in a flight sim and it's located in a place people would not normally look, then yes I could see calling that an "Easter Egg". But otherwise not :)Just my 2 cents :)

Guest outtatimeiii

I found almost all of them in FS2002, but it seems like Microsoft either deleted them or moved them in FS2004.I only found one. It is in San Francisco bay, don't know the coordinates right now though.

Guest Stanner1953

Milamber,I am amazed that you took the time to write such a long disertationon why one shoud not call scenery Easter Eggs. Pick a term and we will all use it. OK?Stanner

Guest luhiss

Milamber.. you actually beat me too it. I've seen this term used incorrectly on these forums for the past few weeks and it has been a little itch in my side...>>Pick a term and we will all use it. OK?<

Guest Stanner1953

Mia culpa. Scenery it shall be.Stanner

Guest jase439

Anybody check to see if they're in the Persian Gulf? ;-)

Well, it may not be an Easter Egg by the strict definition but if you set yourself at say:200 ft, heading 046, N40 42.87 W73 59.29 in SLEW mode (so you can stand still) there is a New York source for any eggs to be found.BTW it is Hickam

Guest Milamber

How about 'cool scenery'? Because that's all most of it is.

yea, that's my first thought, too...........haha

Guest rmce

To me the Easter Egg of all 'eggs' was the ability to change dates in Berlin and see the WALL!Other scenery areas had similar date changes. Wilbur wright has been hidden for many years and is only now out of the egg!(lol)These were not published and were 'found' by people, so an Easter Egg.rmce