Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Hey Microsoft - Indianapolis Happens !

I don't think Microsoft FS team thinks Indianapolis is anything much more than a great place for all the Hoosier farmers to get drunk on a Saturday night, and then go home to feed the cows by the next morning.Well people, they do have a National Football team named the Colts, and some guy named Payton Manning. Their downtown dome and sports complex is one of the best in the US. It combines the football dome itself to the Indiana Convention Center, the Hyatt Hotel, and the Circle City Mall. This whole complex includes a total indoor experience from one center to another, including indoor parking, virtually unlimited dining, and etc., for those cold winter games without going outside. Then they have an NBA team called the Pacers with some guy named Reggie Miller. They also have their own new downtown sports complex.I could go on about the wonderful downtown war memorial, located at the middle of the downtown. It's called the Monument Circle and is a major part of a great city. Enough said.Now out by the airport they have some place called the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It's a 2.5 mile track that seats 3 - 400,000 people. Twice a year they hold events there, that draw the largest number of people FOR ANY SPORTING EVENT IN THE WORLD. Over a half a million people usually attend the Indianapolis 500 alone. They also have a world class road course, and a large part of the "Brickyard" golf course...inside the infield. Very unique !!!!What am I saying....Try flying your product over Indianapolis sometime, and you will know....Indianapolis Happens !!!!Bob (Lecanto, Fl)

Indianapolis Happens alright ..WHEN YOU MAKE IT... Im sorry i dont recall MS saying that they had set out to make Faithful renditions of every major monument in indianapolis. If you dont like the default. MAKE ONE or BUY ONE ..

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Well... I am sure the people from the hundreds (if not thousands) of other cities are probably thinking the same. Try doing your own rendition of the world... I am sure you'll get every monument in every town. :) I don't understand how they missed the stop sign near my house!! :-lolDP

Our swimming pool does not show up either. I wonder why?

Guest Max Cowgill

Folks, you're missing the point. There's a major difference between mising such minor details as stop signs and backyard pools and missing basically an entire city... I still haven't seen my home town of Minneapolis rendered properly in FS, and Minneapolis isn't some backwater hick town, it's home to one of the top 25 busiest airports in the entire world, and yet the airport as depicted in FS is pretty generic, as is the surrounding metro area. I know FS is just consumer software and as such can't represent every detail of every town. Perhaps some day when we all have 10TB HDs w/512GB RAM & 10GHz quad CPUs ;)-Max Cowgill

What I'm saying is they didn't make any. That's zero, or maybe you might understand the word "zip" better.If you do a comparison to other "like" cities, the same is NOT true. Actually some similar cities are done quite well.This is FS 2004, that's version 9, not version 2 or 3. Flying over Indianapolis, the city is not identifiable. In fact it's not even very good, for a fairly major city, with significant attractions, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway surely qualifies for one of those. That's my point !Maybe the Indianpolis Chamber Of Commerce needs to go out west, buy a few steaks and martini's, and tell them about their city.My post is meant to be "tongue and cheek" for one, and to send a message to the MS team on how they might go about to sell a few more copies. Maybe even a lot more.I certainly wouldn't buy the product because I was from Indianapolis, that's for sure, which by the way..... I AM NOT.I fly mostly down here in Florida, around Miami, and Tampa, where FS is done mostly right. I fantasize that I'm there, because I can. And I recently discovered the charm of London. What fun it is to fly there, with all the historical buildings, bridges, and landmarks. Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest 747drvr

Yea, I live in Indy!! I was wondering how come the speedway was never there! Its a MAJOR landmark for vfr into KIND. I use it daily and so does everyone else look on you sectionals.. I like how there was plenty of buildings there that were there for fs8 but not this one..Even left out the RCA dome(where colts play) but hey, I can care less about that( go Green Bay!!)But hey, I guess were not alone no coronado bridge in KSAN's block either..Oh well, waiting until fs10

Guest 747drvr

And, oh by the way my wifes hometown of Cloverdale in Pop.40,000 doesnt exist on fs9 or any other for that matter but hey, its a sim not real world....I'm more worried about memory leaks etc.

I was surprised that that the Speedway wasn't in there. I realise that they can't get every single thing in the sim, but IMS is one of the most famous places in the world. Not complaining, just agreeing that it's a bit surprising.KP

I'm with you Bob. They should have at least put a track there! That is known world wide. As far as Miami goes, that is an absolute JOKE!!!!! Bridges leading halfway across the intercoastal. And what's up with all those ships in the intercoastal heading up to Haulover?????? LOL! What's up with the Haulover bridge?!?!? They have put zero items in widely known areas, and then have butchered some others beyond belief. I wonder if anyone on the team has ever seen Miami!Don

Guest 747drvr

It never has been in previous versions either...

So use GMax and make it.....He HeAnd check your facts a tad, since IRL took over the attendence has been dropping pretty bad at Indy....Stands use to fill real good over those two weeks, now they're giving away tickets...only real crowd on race day and thats down.And go to Spain, any MotoGP race can pull in 8-900,000, Japan too..they actually hold a lottery for tickets. But your right, it should be in there.....Must be an Indiana bias! :D