Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Hey Microsoft - Indianapolis Happens !

No need to check my facts. Regardless of current day attendance figures, it's still one of the most famous places in the world. Period. Between the Indy 500, Brickyard 400 and US Gran Prix, they have well over 1 million in attendance at that track every year spread over only three events. Many major league ballparks don't reach a million over the course of an entire 162 game season. Indy 500 pre-race activities may not be the draw they once were, but race day still has between 300 and 400 thousand people in attendance.I'm not from Indiana (Illinois here), but I love the Speedway and think MS should have included it. Not a big deal, but it would seem appropriate.KP

>...IMS is one of the most famous places in the world. What? Please do not exaggerate! Indy cars are popular in the US and maybe a little bit on the Gold Coast, Down Under - thats it!Wolfgang

>>>...IMS is one of the most famous places in the world. >>What? Please do not exaggerate! Indy cars are popular in the>US and maybe a little bit on the Gold Coast, Down Under ->thats it!>>WolfgangWhether or not something is popular is not the point. Many people around the world who aren't Indycar fans still know of the Indianapolis 500. I said, it's one of the most famous places in the world and that's the truth, like it or not. I didn't say the whole world loves Indycar racing, I just stated that IMS is a very famous place. That is not an exaggeration.KP

Guest 747drvr

Indiana bias? Ha, I can't stand it here!! Till I get transfered im stuck in a state that won't let me drink on sundays.

Guest 747drvr

Maybe Indy500 is not popular? What about the Brickyard?

As Jeffy boy says... "You know your a redneck when..."You think the Brickyard 400, IS the best race at the Indianpolis Motor Speedway !!!!Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest mrblutarsky

You mean like this speedway...It's in California.

Guest GabrielR

let's be fair, Outside of the US, F1 is more popular than Indy and CART. ;- ) I live in US and love this country, but believe it or not there is a great big world out there....As for the lack of the racetrack and somebody home's pool, that can be done easily with Gmax, or any scenery program... I'm more concerned about the game's graphic and weather engine, the compatibility and optimization of the code, the options for good 3rd party stuff etc...

Guest cw1011

I've been to Indianapolis - can't think of any reason to fly there...

Never, nowhere, not once, did I ever say Indycars were more popular than F1 (or anything else!!!). This has all really been taken way out of context. I am very aware that F1 is most popular outside the US. The only thing said was that IMS is a very famous place that was left out of FS. :-rollKP

Just to inform...The Indianapolis Motor Speedway hosts 3 races per year.The Indianapolis 500 - Indy Cars - Attendance 400,000 - 500,000The Brickyard 400 - Nascar - Attendance 400,000 - 500,000The United States Grand Prix - Formula One - Attendance 250,000The first two remain "sell-outs", but that may be a little "contrived" with the elimination of some of the somewhat portable infield stands. The Formula One track is fairly new. It was constructed as part of a major renovation of the infield, golf course, gasoline alley area and pits, main stretch seating, and luxury boxes. It uses both parts of the main track itself, and a new road course inside the infield.Airline traffic landing to the southwest, passes just slightly south of the track at about 5 miles from touchdown. The track complex is a great view as one lands, looking to the north.The Indy 500 has been hyped as the worlds largest attended one-day sporting event. I don't know if that is true or not.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest H_Kev55

Indianapolis Int. is the busiest airport in the world between 2 and 4 am local time. That's when the bulk of the fed-ex aircraft enter Indy airspace. Sitting at IMS and watching those huge DC10s on final is a real treat.That is why MS should have done a better job with Indy.There is more the Indy than just IMS. There is IRP where the Busch, Truck and NHRA National are held. There is Victory Field, the newest ballpark in TripleA. Heck, its nicer than some major league ball parks.There is the IU sports complex. The Major Taylor Velodrome.Indy has one of the finest childrens museums in the world. It has many more cultural places of interest than almost any other city of its size in the world.Eagle Creek has more private jets on it's pad in the month of May than you'll ever see anywhere else on this planet.Plus one of the best summer airshows happens at the northeast side of town at Mt. Comfort.If you've never been to Indy, you're missing a real treat.That city is the cleanest and safest city that I've ever been to.So, all you Hoosiers, lets find us a good GMAX scenery designer and get him/her/them to work,,,,what do you say??KJ, a Hoosier in Illinoishttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Guest racartron

Out of curiosity, how many other auto race tracks are dipicted in the default FS -- in the entire world?It's kind of like golf courses. Ain't seen too many of them around until very recently.And let's not forget those pretty famous horse tracks either -- although I haven't a clue if any of them are in FS.Anyway, all y'all Hoosiers need to band together and commission a scenery designer to build a virtual Indianapolis. Then offer it for sale and watch the $$ bucks roll in from all the frustrated IMS lovers who would now have a place to fly over and stare at. Just a suggestion. Be sure the ceremonial brick strip is visible from 5,000ft.BTW, all the revenue generated would provide physical proof to all those naesayers about the importance of Indianapolis and the IMS.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest christian

I agree that the racetrack in Indianapolis is famous. However, before that's added, surely Monza, Monaco (although that's a street course anyway), and the Nuerburgring have to be added. Not trying to start a vote on which racetrack is the most famous and should go into FS first (although my votes are on either Monza or Nuerburg).The point is that, as it has been said, do it yourself in gmax.I just added the complete set of golf courses in New Zealand (probably about 500 or so), so things like that can easily be done.Cheers, Christian