Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Please, suggest a DC10 panel.

I would like to ask you about the best DC10 panel (in your opinion/experience)which is compatible with FS2004 .Until now, I have been using V. Leightower panel, which was one of my preferred FS addons. But, since is a FS2000 version and there are great designers which have made beautiful DC10 panels for FS2002, I suppose it is time for renewal!!!Thanks in advance.Regards.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I highly recommend trying this one out.hedc103.zip.zipThat name is not a typo. That is the name of the file in the Avsim Library. It can be found in the FS2002 Panels section. Just do a search for that filename and you'll find it.

Thank You very much for your quick answer!!!. :)Downloading right now!!. It seems really good!!Greetings

Guest panda234

will this work in FS9 "out of the box?" Do I Need fsuip for it to work?Looks like a cool panel...thxbillg

Guest OneTinSoldier

Bill G,I haven't actually used this panel, yet. ;) But I have talked to someone in another forum who has used it in FS9. He's a DC-10 freak. I have heard from him that you will get a 'gauge error' when using this panel. From what I understand you can do three different things here.1) Click ok on the error message dialog box and continue on.2) Add the gauge under your 'OldModules' section in FS9.cfg to avoid getting the error dialog again.(I hope you know what OldModules section is).3) Buy a registered version of FSUIPC and then register the gauge inside the FSUIPC dialog window.Hope that helps.Regards,Jim RichardsOne Tin Soldier

I have used the Staffan Ahlberg DC-10 panel for 2+ years in FS2000 and FS2002. It can apparently be used in FS2004 as well provided you have the Concorde gauge. The panel is excellent and very frame friendly. It has rotating analog gauges and works very nicely with good DME readouts, GS indicators, and so on. I give it an A for effectiveness, simplicity, and friendliness.JS

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,One thing I forgot to say earlier was, You're Welcome Quart! :)CheersJS,When I was using FS2002 I installed used that panel too. Yep, it was just fine. Nothing wrong using it at all. If you look at the screenshots of Helio Estrela's panel(hedc103.zip.zip), it looks pretty awsome too. ;)

Guest panda234

thx Jim. Got it going enough that now I really want to use it. :-)I seem to be missing the rp733.gua, 732sa_2k_fs.gau, and the capr733.gau. I've looked in the 2002 concorde aircraft gauges folders (a few of them) and can't seem to find them. Think I need them as one of them is the DME. Any thoughts on where I could get them?thx,billg

Guest panda234

woops, should put this at the bottom.....thx Jim. Got it going enough that now I really want to use it.I seem to be missing the rp733.gua, 732sa_2k_fs.gau, and the capr733.gau. I've looked in the 2002 concorde aircraft gauges folders (a few of them) and can't seem to find them. Think I need them as one of them is the DME. Any thoughts on where I could get them?thx,billg

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Bill,I'm not exactly sure where you could get those gauges. I do FS2002 still installed and I have a LOT of gauges in there(thousands). I have two of those myself. The rp733.gau and capr733.gau, but not that other one. Both of those are like 5.5 MB's. What aircraft package installs this or that gauge though I couldn't tell you, other than those all sure sound like 737 gauges. Maybe someone else will come along and be able to tell you exactly where to get those. I dunno.