Sign in to follow this  
Guest journeyer

Fixing Add-on Nav Lights and Beacons

Guest journeyer

Please help! I'm having a problem with some of the lights on the add-on planes. Maybe the authors forgot to enable some of the nav lights or beacons. Is there any way for someone like me to fix these glaring inadequacies in the planes? Also some of the radios don't work. You have to use them in automatic mode, myself, I'd rather change frequencies and other things on my own. Is there any way to make these adjustments? If so I'd really like to know about the fixes. As some of you are aware, I have a sight problem and have to use larger fonts to see what I am typing, this is not a slight on anyone's behalf, more of the fact that I cannot see the smaller fonts. Please forgive my use of the larger fonts I don't mean to offend anyone. Thank you for your consideration and help, Peace to one and all!

Please help! I'm having a problem with some of the lights on the add-on planes. Maybe the authors forgot to enable some of the nav lights or beacons. Is there any way for someone like me to fix these glaring inadequacies in the planes? Also some of the radios don't work. You have to use them in automatic mode, myself, I'd rather change frequencies and other things on my own. Is there any way to make these adjustments? If so I'd really like to know about the fixes. As some of you are aware, I have a sight problem and have to use larger fonts to see what I am typing, this is not a slight on anyone's behalf, more of the fact that I cannot see the smaller fonts. Please forgive my use of the larger fonts I don't mean to offend anyone. Thank you for your consideration and help, Peace to one and all!
Lots of people willing to help - but you have provided nothing for details to work on. Please be specific in what your problems are:"some of the lights on the add-on planes" ???"some of the radios don't work" ???"automatic mode on radios" ???"glaring inadequacies" ???

WAT1460.png

Guest journeyer

Glaring inadequacies are one that the radios don't function unless you punch the keys for ATC in the Embraer 145, also the lights, including the beacons and strobes don't work on the same planes. I have run across this problem with many of the add-ons, too numerous to mention at this point. What I am looking for is the fix to these problems, mainly help with the lights and getting the radios to work like they should when flying a real plane. There are many things about the add-ons that can be called glaring inadequacies, one that I have run across is the fact that when flying the planes, they are not level with the horizon. They slope downward and look as if they are about to land when in actuality they are flying across the water. I do a lot of flights to the Windward and Leeward Islands in the Caribbean and it is hard to imagine that the FAA and other organizations would allow planes without nav lights and without beacons to operate in those environments. Also, I apologize for not giving enough information to help with the question. I thought that, that would be enough to go on, not having certain lights on the planes should be fixable within the cfg. files, yet I am not learned enough to work out these problems for myself. Again, thanks for all the help, Peace to all.

Sure,we can tell you how to fix light issues in "a" plane,but generally it is betterto know what plane you are using as some have the lights modelled into the model,and others use effects,etc.It is not a one size fits all for that reason.If you need info on how to fix a specific plane or planes,be as specific as possible,as weare not behind your computer,and thus can't see which plane,who made it,and where you got it.For the ERJ alone there are at least 3 different choices,so be as specific as possible,it always helps.cheersJP.