Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spilot

HOW is RealAir Simulation's SF.260 in FS2004?

Guest Spilot

I just wanted to know how this a/c performs in FS2004 and if the patch is out yet. I am considering buying it but want some feedback from other people. How would you compare it with Dreamfleet's C310? Thank you very much, and how are your fps with a Radeon ATI 9700 PRO with pentium 4 and 1028 RAM if someone has similar system. Thanks again.Adam Spilot692000@yahoo.com

I love the SF 260, and it flys very well in FS2004. I don't have the C310, but you're not comparing apples to apples. The SF260 is a high performance, aereobatic capable two seater. The C310 is a high speed, twin-engine four seater, designed to get you from point A to B in comfort and style.I spend the vast majority of my Flight Sim time in the SF 260. It handles and looks great, and the VC is one of the sharpest I have seen. Rob Young is working on an update to fix a couple of things that have changed in regards to how FS2004 handles flight models. Not being an expert, I have not noticed any problems in FS2004 as it stand currently, other than my panel lights do not work.Dreamfleet puts out excellent products as well, and looking at their webpage the C310 looks to be great as well. I think it comes down to what type of plane you want to fly and how you want to fly it. As far as quality of product, you won't go wrong with RealAir or Dreamfleet.Tony

Guest captbulldog

The 260 seems to fly on rails in 2k4, and lift off on take offs require higher speed and full back pressure, where as in 2k2 it'll just lift off on the number (same conditions, fuels, and trim in both tests)

Guest Simicro

yes Preston is right, I've noticed the same phenomenon but a patch is to come out. Otherwise you cannot go wrong with the SF260. It will accompany me in FS2004 for the vast majority of the time spent in the simulator

I agree with all the positive comments about the SF260, it is great.On my P4-2.4, the fps are much better (locked at 25) than the C310 which is typically around 20..

Bert

Guest Spilot

Thanks guys, I think I might wait for the patch and then buy it. AdamSpilot692000@yahoo.com