Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

For a variety of reasons I have decided to abandon FSPassengers

I fly with the PMDG 747, I have discovered that FSPassengers is the culprit behind multiple issues with the PMDG 747 (messes up autothrottle/autopilot and causes in-flight refuel to pop up mysteriously which freezes my sim, random crashes, etc) What is FSPassenger's competitor in the market? What other add-on would you guys recommend that would replace FSPassengers? Right now, I am thinking of using FS2Crew for cabin announcements, but I sure would like some sort of a log book to keep tab of all my flights.

I'm using FSPassengers and PDMG 747 without problems.. you can find on their forum exactly what to do to not have these problems.The only alternative to FSPassengers (in a way) is FSCaptain. Check it out, it's also great.. and it's evolving (on the other hand there's nothing going on with FSPassengers).

I came to the same conclusion last night.I'd used the demo of FSPassengers a few months ago but my FSX kept on crashing and performing fatal errors, especially when accessing the menus. I uninstalled it, got it all working nicely again and was enjoying FSX without fatal errors.I decided to re-install FSP over the weekend and all was ok however last night, during a cabin announcement, the sound continued to play put the sim froze and eventually produced a fatal error, resulting in FSX restarting. I'm glad this is the demo and I hadn't bought the full product; it'll be coming off my computer for good today.I too would be interested to hear of other similar products; I only tend to fly the PMDG MD-11. What I like about FSP is that it rates your flight, has a 'company' mode and other clever features. I suspect FS2Crew is only cockpit announcements and checklists?Adam

Guest pretendair
I fly with the PMDG 747, I have discovered that FSPassengers is the culprit behind multiple issues with the PMDG 747 (messes up autothrottle/autopilot and causes in-flight refuel to pop up mysteriously which freezes my sim, random crashes, etc) What is FSPassenger's competitor in the market? What other add-on would you guys recommend that would replace FSPassengers? Right now, I am thinking of using FS2Crew for cabin announcements, but I sure would like some sort of a log book to keep tab of all my flights.
I use FSPX with PMDG 747 without problems, too, but to answer your question, I find the closest thing to FSP is 'a cargo version' of FSP - Air Hauler by JustFlight

I suspect FS2Crew is only cockpit announcements and checklists?Adam
That's actually a common misconception.FS2Crew does announcements and checklists, but the heart of FS2Crew is actually the modeling of the "flows" the flight crew members do, in particular the FO/PNF's flows.A 'flow' is simply a list of items a crew member would perform at a specific time. For example, the FO's 'Before Start Flow' might involve the FO turning on the beacon, turning off the packs, etc.Cheers,

That's actually a common misconception.FS2Crew does announcements and checklists, but the heart of FS2Crew is actually the modeling of the "flows" the flight crew members do, in particular the FO/PNF's flows.A 'flow' is simply a list of items a crew member would perform at a specific time. For example, the FO's 'Before Start Flow' might involve the FO turning on the beacon, turning off the packs, etc.Cheers,
Thanks for the clarification Bryan, much appreciated.Adam

I too would be interested to hear of other similar products
Try FSCaptain.. it's very similar to FSPax. Your flights are rated too and much more. There's also functional demo (limited to three airports in pacific northwest). I was using PSPasssengers in FS9 and now FSPassengersX in FSX for years! It's one of the best addons ever (for me). PMDG is making very complex airplanes and other addons have problems with them too... Active Sky Evolution for example.. but like in FSPaX case there are solutions for all those problems. I started using FSCaptain these days (mainly because the addon is still evolving, if you have a suggestion you can tell it to the developer of the addon, on the other hand there's nothing new going on with FSPaX).

I also have the pmdg 747 and fspax works just fine with it. Did you post on the fspax forum ? They usually are quick to answer.And..Fspassengers has no competitor.Not yet anyway.

Apart from the fact that the support from the developer is inexistant and the long awaited update was promised and never delivered, asking for it got me banned not only from their message board but from the entire website in general - the program is good but it could be better, has lots of potential.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I switched too, to FSCaptain and the support is good, no looking back. It might not for everyone but I like flying online for my VA and for that it's great. Solves a lot of wasted time trying to figure out where I want to fly to.

RE Thomason Jr.

Apart from the fact that the support from the developer is inexistant and the long awaited update was promised and never delivered, asking for it got me banned not only from their message board but from the entire website in general - the program is good but it could be better, has lots of potential.
Sorry to hear you got banned. Did they actually give you the boot just for asking for the update ? :(that's really odd