Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

fs2004 problems with aircraft textures dissapearing

i just upgraded from 512megs to 768megs and i notic my ai a/c textures dissapear after i fly a while,whats wrong?anyone?ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

If you're using WindowsXP, then check the Memory Usage Setting under the XP System Properties. I had it set to System cache (sounds logical regarding scenery cache), but this setting caused aircraft textures to disappear. Aspecially noticable with highly detailed (non-FS) planes. I changed the setting to Programs and textures don't get lost anymore. Depending on the aircraft's location it can take a second to reload the textures. But they ARE always there :-)See below shot (only 45k ;-))http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/32785.jpg

oooooo! yeah, i did that as well, ok thanks for the tip, ill try it now, ill switch over to programs and see if that helpsciao!Brian S

Ciao!