Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

need a biz jet

here are my specsI7-930 2.8ghz o/c to 4.2 ghzcorsair water cooled6Gigs of high speed memory (DDR3 1600)EVGA Geforce GTX 470P6TD Deluxe moboWindows 7 home premium 64 bitFSX w/SP2now.. I'm thinking:Eaglesoft v2 stuff - I have had ES in the past for fs9, ok for me but blurry vc textures and lowered frames, kind of killed it for me. does V2 fix this? or improve it?Flight1 Cessna MustangLionheart Epic LT or Victoryanything else you would recomend?I think I'm leaning on the simple end of things, not a simple flying model, but something with not a lot of cockpit prep. I fly FSX MP a lot and need something that I can hop in and throw a few switches and go

Ciao!

Flight1 Cessna Mustang is the best for what you describe...but it can be tough on framerates. According to your computer specs (awesome), though, you shouldn't have any trouble at all. And the Mustang has the best rendition of the Garmin 1000 glass cockpit in FSX....it's a great little jet.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Flight1 Mustang is the best no doubt. It's IMO a dream of a FS plane. It's very hard on FPS. My computer can't run it reasonably well but with what you've got you should have a shot at it.Eaglesoft Citation X v2.0 is fantastic as well. I own the FS9 version with no FPS impact. It's the top dog in my bizjet hangar...until the iFly BBJ is all patched up at least. :)Eaglesoft Citation II with a few Reality-XP gauges retrofitted is another one of my favorite.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 for FSX is awesome, I had been flying theWilco, but the framerate was just horrible, even on my i7 975, itsthose ported FS9 models I guess. Anyway, I took a chance and boughtthe Eaglesoft, and I'm totally happy with it. Framerates are fine,and every aspect of the plane is great, I love the liveries, itsjust a complete joy to fly.I don't own the Mustang although I keep thinking about getting it, so I can't compare. One thing for sure, the Mustang can't cruiseas fast or fly as high :)

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

The Mustang has a great Garmin 1000 implementation.Both the Mustang and the Eaglesoft jet are sold using the Flight1 wrapper = 30 days no questions asked refund policy.

The Eaglesoft Citation X V2 is fantastic, as is the Mustang - Mustang is quicker to get from cold to ready to go slightly prettier in terms of VC and textures however there is a big frame rate impact with it unlike the Eaglesoft Citation X. Of the two I much prefer the Eaglesoft one, although since both are on Flight1 you can always try and then get a refund if you don't like !!Eaglesoft have a CJ1+ V2 coming out some time in the next few months years or so :( which will undoubtedly be fantastic as well !!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

The F1 Mustang is very nice - but hard on fps and flies slower than most bizjets...The ES Citation is very fast, excellent systems modeling, but a bit rough on the fps as wellIt depends how fast you want to fly... ;)They are both top notch planes I have them and use them regularly on vatsim.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

good news, I didn't know that the ES CitX is in a F1 wrapper as well... I always go f1 wrapper if I can due to the refund policy.. fantasticthanksI'll chew on it some more

Ciao!

I have my i7-940 OC'd to 4.07 (unstable at anything higher) with 6 gb's memory (FSX with multiple scenery/mesh add-ons). I also have multiple add-on A/C ranging from nearly everything at PMDG as well as LVL-D, RealAir, Carenado, Eaglesoft & Flight 1. The Eaglesoft Cit. X (edit: V2) right now is just about my favorite. The frames on the Citation are actually better than the frames I get on the Cessna Mustang, but on my tweaked system (thanks Bojote, et al), both planes run smoothly. I've found that the system depth of that plane is marvelous, and it's a pleasure to hand fly on approach and landing. Some users complained that the Cit-X VC has too few 3-D guages & switches modeled, but the developer explained that was to help keep the frames reasonable. Personally, I'm quite happy with the VC, and if that's what's responsible (in part) for the frame rate, so be it. The Mustang is definately harder on frames, especially at add-on airports (i.e., forget the Newark/NYC area), but I usually fly that model in less demading areas and it too flies beautifully, especially a joy on landing. You won't be disappointed with either, I believe.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Some users complained that the Cit-X VC has too few 3-D guages & switches modeled, but the developer explained that was to help keep the frames reasonable.
Answering these complaints Eaglesoft revamped the virtual cockpit and added more 3D stuff. I had no problem before but hey, i won´t complain about such an upgrade :PI also recommend the Citation X and Citation II from Eaglesoft, and the Mustang from Flight 1. If you want an easy cockpit and good performance both in the computer and the plane go for the Citation II.

The LionHeart Epic Victory is very fun and easy on the frames  I can pretty much control it now on landings but you need differential braking to taxi well  I have the Mustang also but mostly fly this one.Enjoyjjav 

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

good news, I didn't know that the ES CitX is in a F1 wrapper as well... I always go f1 wrapper if I can due to the refund policy.. fantasticthanksI'll chew on it some more
Brian, Eaglesoft has used the Flight One Ecommerce Wrapper since our inception and we've offered the 30 Day refund option since that time as well.Big%20Grin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Go for the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0!It is the best larg-er cabin biz jet out there by far, especially after the VC update. I love mine! The Flight1 mustang is also great, but I don't fly it too often due to the FPS impact. It still remains the worst performing addon in my hangar. Huge shame though as it is absolutely beautiful and very accurate.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I don't own the Mustang although I keep thinking about getting it, so I can't compare. One thing for sure, the Mustang can't cruiseas fast or fly as high :)
....but it can operate from much shorter runways, which opens up lots of interesting GA destinations.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png