Sign in to follow this  
Lincolnshire Poacher

FEX or REX

Well I have had the new computer for nearly a month now. At first I was disappointe with the frame rates i was getting, this is much improved since downoading the latest graphics driver. I've recently installed UTX Europe and GEX Europe, now I'm looking at the weather, do i keep in the family with FEX or go with REX? Any advice and thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

REX without a doubt in my mind. I think you will have a hard time finding anyone that will choose FEX over REX. REX is simply the best, and with their new FREE "Overdrive" expansion, you're in for a treat. REX also covers more textures than FEX.

FEX is purely a texture addon for water, sky and clouds. REX includes those textures and many more (i.e. runways, runway markings etc) and REX also includes a weather engine. I do own both, and if you have to choose between FEX or REX, IMHO REX is the clear choice.

I presume TEX will integrate ok with UTX and GEX, if so that settles it. Anyone know the best place to buy with the overdrive extra, preferably I would like to buy on dvd as my broadband is very slow.

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

Guest JimC1702

Definitely REX! I've owned both. FEX was great when it came out, but it's been abandoned and the promised updates never materialized. REX does the same and much more.Jim

I own both and actually use both, but if I had to choose, it would be REX. No doubt about that. By far the best bang for the buck.