Sign in to follow this  
crvm

I Must be the Only One??

Guest claudius41ad

Hello there all,I feel that I must be "the only one" in the FSim world who is not using FS 2004As the only user of FS 2002 in the world(?) and having no problems what so ever - with all things maxed out - great fps etc. - it makes me wonder if I am am not missing anything at all?I normally use FS 2002 in conjuntion with FS Meteo, Flt Sim Keeper and Radar Contact and the whole lot runs problem free.:-jumpy RegardsHappy simming folksRoger

Roger, After spending a coupld of weeks in FS9 HELL, I went back to FS2002. You're absolutely right. No freezes, no stutters, no hesitations at all, and the frame rates are excellent on my PC. With ActiveSky1.9 and Radar Contact it's almost PERFECT. As for FS9/COF/FS2004/whatever, it's coming off my PC for good. Funny, I have a 2.4Ghz P4 with a GeForce4200Ti/128Mb video card and 512 Mb of DDR333 SDRAM and I can't even get airborne without the sim hesitating for a couple of seconds every couple of seconds. The worst slide show I've ever experienced.

uh,...and your point?You are not the only one, I recall a few that gave up on FS9 and others I know that don't have it...YET! Give it time! LOL Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Lindy

I don't have FS CoF yet either.... I suspect however that I may have to try it out. I'm hoping to drop enough hints to a friend of mine that he'll get it for me as a b'day gift. }( I haven't been able to do much flying at all anyway, so I'm in no hurry to "upgrade."If you're having fun, that's all that matters. :-beerchug-Lindy :-wave :-rotor

You are not alone!I'm still using 2K2. I think I'd like the new ATC, but apart from that I can't be bothered with all the re-installing, etc that a new sim would involve. I'm going to start saving now for a new system to run 2K6 which IMHO will be superb!Do you want to start up a 2K2 Anonyomous club? :-)Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest ucanfly

>Hello there all,>>I feel that I must be "the only one" in the FSim world who is>not using FS 2004>>As the only user of FS 2002 in the world(?) and having no>problems what so ever - with all things maxed out - great fps>etc. - it makes me wonder if I am am not missing anything at>all?>>I normally use FS 2002 in conjuntion with FS Meteo, Flt Sim>Keeper and Radar Contact and the whole lot runs problem free.>:-jumpy >>Regards>Happy simming folks>Roger>>Obviously you are not alone. I am going to miss new Bill Lyons products though. Maybe next year?

Guest Grey_Wolf

Honestly I feel like I'm one of maybe 4 people who arent having problems with FSCOF. I have had a Few problems, things I've inadvertantly caused. And I have made extensive use of lots of tips and tweaks from this fourm. I am a bit pieved that the sim seams to require more tweaking than 2002 did, but for me It runs great now.My computer is modest, AMD 1800, Gforce 4 4200TI 128meg, 512 ram, but right now my only slider that is'nt maxed is autogen, and of course I'm not using AA. I'm getting about 15fps in crouded airports.I did have problems with 2002, but admitidly it was more of an endless series of tweaking and modifying, and reversing those changes and aditions. Running Windows 2000 I'm also one of the people who have lots of compatibility issues with some scenery and .mdl files.No one has to upgrade, or even like it if they try to upgrade. Most of the cars I drive have Carborators personally I just dont like Fuel Injection. In any free society I'm allowed to have that prefrence. But I had to drive quite a few cars and tweak quite a few engines to finally be able to have an educated prefrence. Right now COF is running flawless for me, yes the gps does cause a slight stutter, but I rarely use the thing so no loss.So please do enjoy fs 2002, to each their own.

Guest freequest

Yep Im with you on tha one Grey Wolf I just have a pent 4 1.6Ghz gf2 mx-400 with 512 mb ram..I sit around 20fps with full 3d clouds downloaded weather... airport scenary at MAX (dont run autogen ...dont need it) 100% mesh detail and the game is smoother than FS2002.With Fs2002 I used to get stutters no matter what i did but not with FS9 (strange but true)Ill propberly be getting a new vid card... but not because of FS9 but because i need some more vid power for POSER :)

Guest rmce

Roger,Its a weird world. I have identical system and Fs9 runs superbly!Installation was long, but when installed I only changed from Tri to Bi linear, maxed settings and kept fps to 20.I am a happy simmer.rmce

Guest claudius41ad

Hi Steve :-wave My system is just about the same as yours except for 2.88Mhz and my video card is Radeon 9000.Each to his (or her own) As Lindy posted - "as long as you are having fun that is all that matters."Anyway, an old goat like me is far too old to change his ways now.To all others who posted replies.......thank you for your kind comments.Regards (from England)Roger

I have both but only do serious flying in FS2002 although I get better frame rates in COF. The default aircraft handle much better than their 2002 counterparts but most add ons seem to be a bit too sensitive in COF. The *World* looks so much better, sky, weather and in general it's more *Bright* and night IMO is way better than 2002. I think there's hope for COF, just might take a while for everyone to find that happy medium. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]