Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Problem with FO altitude callouts

Hi eveyone!I seem to have a problem with the FO's altitude callouts on final which are not very accurate but often way off so I would just like to check with you if I'm missing something here...For instance last flight I went from EKRN to EKBI where the landing elevation for EKBI is 247 ft so I set a value of 250 in the pressurization controller. We then went for an ILS approach into rwy 27 so my APP TYPE was set to PR and DH was set to 200 in the J41.Are there any more steps that need to be done to get correct altitude callouts from the FO?

Richard Åsberg

Hi eveyone!I seem to have a problem with the FO's altitude callouts on final which are not very accurate but often way off so I would just like to check with you if I'm missing something here...For instance last flight I went from EKRN to EKBI where the landing elevation for EKBI is 247 ft so I set a value of 250 in the pressurization controller. We then went for an ILS approach into rwy 27 so my APP TYPE was set to PR and DH was set to 200 in the J41.Are there any more steps that need to be done to get correct altitude callouts from the FO?
So you didn't get the "minimums" call at around 450 feet?
So you didn't get the "minimums" call at around 450 feet?
I'd have to check my own code, but try setting the DH bug directly to Decision Altitude, which would be 450 feet.Cheers,

So you didn't get the "minimums" call at around 450 feet?I'd have to check my own code, but try setting the DH bug directly to Decision Altitude, which would be 450 feet.Cheers,
Also, for some of the altitude callouts, be sure to reference them against the profiles as described in the PMDG AOM manual.They're complex... some reference the DA/MDA while other reference the runway elevation.

For instance last flight I went from EKRN to EKBI where the landing elevation for EKBI is 247 ft so I set a value of 250 in the pressurization controller. We then went for an ILS approach into rwy 27 so my APP TYPE was set to PR and DH was set to 200 in the J41.
Your setup should be OK. Were you flying to the default EKBI or the Aerofiles version? I'll try that flight later today.

I just tried this flight using the Voice Control version with SP1. I had the pressurization controller set to 250 and DH to 200. I got all the calls at the right times, both altitude and speed.Did you by any chance forget to set the altimeter to local pressure? Also make sure that you are flying at the magenta bug speed from 1,000' down to 200 AGL.

Ok, thanks for trying the same flight and reporting back. Obviously I went wrong somewhere so will give it another try. I had another problem too with CTDs after FS2Crew flights in the J41 so I've now uninstalled both FS2Crew and the J41 hoping at least some of my problems will go away and if I'm lucky all of them :(

Richard Åsberg