Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Aha! Progress for dual monitors in Windows mode....finally !

Hey, Ray (Proudfoot):Take a bow. Your method is working.Suddenly it dawned on me why the Windows mode is so ugly compared with my full screen (1600x1200x32). It's because my desktop was still set to 1024x768x32. So every time I booted up and opened FS2004, the defafult windows display for FS2004 was set to 1024x768, not the 1600x1200 that I earlier pre-set WITHIN the sim itself.I just set the Windows desktop to 1600x1200 and now when I open FS2004 in Windows mode, it's as crystal clear and sharp as in full screen mode with the same fps. Hooray!I don't even need to autohide the windows taskbar, the image is so big and clear on my 21" TRINITRON. But I do hide the menu bar.Anyway, thanks for your advice Ray, it is working MUCH better now.The things we do for FS........!JS

Hi JS,Brilliant! You had me wondering what on earth was going on. But, you should hide the Taskbar otherwise you won't be getting a true 1.333:1 ratio. It's akin to running at 1024*750 and the gauges will lose that degree of crispness and we couldn't have that could we? :7 Welcome to the wonderful world of windowed mode. One down, several thousand to go! :-lolCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray:OK, I have now "auto-hidden" the taskbar and the size and quality of the overall FS image is stunning now. I can undock fine and all I need to do is tweak monitor 2 a bit. But the primary pic is so superior, it brings tears to my eyes (and definitely no FSAA, no way).I hope this thread will be read by those who have had similar issues.Thanks again, mate.JS

If I had the $$$, I'd get a 24" monitor!But 21" has revolutionized my FS life. It's made everything much better. You can buy it for a good price nowadays. I like the TRINITRON type a lot because the colors are really very good indeed. There's a lot of good large monitors out nowadays. My one has a smaller than average footprint and also weighs about 10 lbs less (still weighs a ton!)Do it !JS

yeah, from a 17" to a 21" that should be a huge difference, thats what i am contemplating on. A good Phillips one here in australia retails for $999.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

$999 ozzie dollars or US dollars?Phillips is a good make. SONY is very good. Check out several types before you buy. Look for good color saturation and flesh tones too. Also, make sure it can handle 1600x1200x32 bit at a good refresh rate--mine goes way beyond 85 Hz although that setting is glare-free and flicker-free.JS

it is $999 Aussie dollars, can you tell me if you can see the VC guages clearly in a 21" monitor?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

The default MSFS VC gauges are not perfectly clear on any monitors, but they are very usable on the 21 incher. I zoom in and out for fine tuning and setting specific data. I am pretty satisfied with the overall effect.JS