Sign in to follow this  
Guest whites

NoCD crack, AI crashes and FPS

Guest Grey_Wolf

Yes both bad FPS and AI causing crashing to desk top were both caused by a NoCD crack I had installed. Now, after removing the crack,at KSEA with [bold]everything[/bold] graphically maxed (except autogen wich is at normal) and 100% AI I'm getting 15 FPS on my AMD 1800/Geforce 4. Previously I was getting 8-10 FPS and stutters. Now even the stutters are near gone.Just sharing this for anyone who is having issues with COF and has a NoCD crack

Guest daveg4otu

Try using Virtual CD - I've had no problem with that

>Try using Virtual CD - I've had no problem with thatHow did you do? I have tried making a virtual drive of Fs2004 butit still requires the physical CD in the real drive. I have GameDrive.

Guest daveg4otu

You can d/l a trial copy of Virtual CD via ZDnet or Cnet etc.The trial copy has limitations but I think it will allow you to copy at least one CD(all you need).It will create a virtual CD Drive on your PC and insert the image which then plays as normal.You cannot copy the image to a CD.IE:You can't infringe the copyright by making and selling copies- so,I believe the use of VCD is perfectly above board.Also ,it will take up to 3 hours to create the image depending on your PC's speed,the type of image etc etc.

I don't need a trial copy of Virtual Drive since I already have a full version GameDrive which is an improved version of Virtual drive.I would likt to know how you did. My virtual drive with FS2004 is not accepted. It requires the CD to be in the physical CD drive.

Guest daveg4otu

Are you sure we're talking about the same application?Virtual CD by H + H Software will copy the Disk as an Image file with the file extension ".OOO".You only have to select "copy CD" and follow the prompts- I've done it several times before with CFS and FS2000 and twice with FS9 as I have the FS9 installed twice on my PC(dual boot WinME and WinXP) .When you have made the image and added your virtual drive to "my computer"you have to start VCD program again,click on "Manage my Virtual CDs",tell it to search for CD Images,and when it finds your new image of CD4,tell it to add it to it's library(or words to that effect).Then open "my computer",right click the Virtual CD Drive Icon ,click "Load CD" and choose "FS9_DISK4".When you start up FS9 it will automatically find the Virtual drive and away you go.................Dave

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

"Yes both bad FPS and AI causing crashing to desk top were both caused by a NoCD crack I had installed"I find this AMAZING since the fs9.exe is nothing more than a front end LOADER for all the DLL's which is the actual Flight Simulator.FS9.exe gets wrapped and encrypted with a unique key from SafeDisc then checks the mastering of the CD for a valid key. If it is found then the main routine executes.All that is removed with a NoCD crack is that WRAPPER and the core routine is left intact so your statements although they may be true are pretty amazing to me. It is definitely one for the books.

Guest Grey_Wolf

"I find this AMAZING since the fs9.exe is nothing more than a front end LOADER for all the DLL's which is the actual Flight Simulator"I understand this, and I agree it is wierd. But as I said, for what ever reason, when I revoved the NoCD crack my FPS went up pretty significantly and my FS crashing with AI enabled was cured.I dont wish to be a doom sayer, but I do suspect that the Crack I had used may have been malicious becuase of the results. My biggest gripe was tracking down the problem. I had installed several addons by the time I had discovered the problem. And the original problem with AI only happned at a handfull of airports.Finally I figured out it was the NoCD crack, everything else is still installed. It is a wierd culprit, but I did want to share this information with anyone who may have been having similer problems.

Guest SoarPics

Mmmm... the crack I'm using has been trouble free. My system runs just fine, and my CD's are tucked away safe and sound in my software CD wallet. Sorry about your experiences, Grey Wolf.

Hi, "NoCD crack`I hope we did not get tons of bad report because of the NoCD crack in this forum. "I find this AMAZING since the fs9.exe is nothing more than a front end LOADER for all the DLL's which is the actual Flight Simulator.FS9.exe gets wrapped and encrypted with a unique key from SafeDisc then checks the mastering of the CD for a valid key. If it is found then the main routine executes."I will not be surprized, I single bad "line/letter/caractor/ etc." in the edited *.exe can cause problems even if it appears to your that's fs2004 run fine.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest whites

I too had to roll back the crack because it woun't let me run in windowed mode plus I was getting randome crashes and othe strange behaviout. It to early to tell whether all my crashes are fixed but I can reproduce some behaviour at till very easily using the crack.Also notice how the file size is a whole meg or so different. Thats a darn big key if thats all thats gone!I could have swarn the crack was working for the first week, but it isn't now.Thanks for the virtual CD tip. I HATE having to swap CDs when I load/play new things. I stopped using FDC because of it though thankfully the author of that product removed that restriction.Steven.

Guest Mike94

the No-CD crack works without any problems here since some weeks.And yes, i'm a legal owner of FS9, and i feel better for being able to store the CDs in a safe place now and leave them there!Cheers,Michael

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Is your noCD replacement 516,096 bytes? (Mine has a create date of July 27,2003, 7:39:14)I tried running both ways, starting with the original requiring Disk 4 and without. I see exactly the same program results, except with the NO_CD.exe I am less likely to swear an oath against M$.Larry JonesFlorence, MT

Guest whites

Mine was that date and size. Still haven't had any more problems since removing the crack.Steven.

No we were not talking about the same application. My applications were from Farstone. But they seem to be similar programs. I can create virtual drives and copy an image of a CD and the insert it in a virtual drive. It worked with FS2002 but not with FS2004 which requires the CD in the physical drive.