Sign in to follow this  

My FS9 Odessy Continues -- Interesting Revelation

Guest sj3

Captain Lewis: Yes, you can do a clean xp-pro install on to a clean hard drive. Make sure your bios is set to look for the cd-rom to boot from. The boot sequence should look something like: 1) Floppy, 2) cd-rom, 3) HD. (2) and (3) can be switched if the HD is not bootable, i.e. no OS on it. Then, have xp do an NTFS format when it asks if it can make a partition for you. Then, right after xp comes up after configuring it, do Windows update for all the 'criticals' BEFORE loading any s/w, including FS9. I would even get xp up to date before loading h/w drivers for video, sound, etc., but that's your call. There's nothing like a clean install of xp-pro to temporarily fix computer glitches!For anyone out there (here) thinking of loading xp-home...fogetaboutit!! Get xp-pro.Good luck,sj

Guest crashing_pilot

fwiw,though i'm running fs2k2 still,i DID have major problems with win98se and that Rundll...i could not fly,it would freeze on loading,and when ctr-alt-deleting i would see rundll inthere...now,i only run systray and itesmart,it works great when flying.ever since i disabled Rundll i haven't had a problem...luckily,i didn't(and don't) have a clue as to what rundll function is ;-)

Hello, It's the GPS that is causing this problem for me. I can load a flight and fly as smooth as silk for hours as long as I don't turn on the GPS. As soon as I do-goodbye. Stutters. This is even after it is minimized. If I save the flight, end the flight and then restart without the gps-SMOOTH.:( Might be worth a try to eliminate some culprits to your problem.Todd