Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

CC-144

Guest Raffie

I downloaded Barry Blaisdell's great Challenger into my FS2004, but it has no landing gear. I contacted Barry, and he told me he has no problems with it, and sent me a new AIR file to try, but it didn't help. I then deleted the plane from my FS 2004 Aircraft for the time being, but now, when I go into my FS 2004, I get an error message: "Aircraft Initialization failure CC-144 Challenger Canadian Forces" and it shuts down my FS. So I have to reinstall the CC-144 just to be able to fly. Any advice would be appreciated.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Did you make a flight with that plane and then set it as the Default Flight?

I believe Barry's Challenger is an FSDS 1.x model. Such aircraft have issues with some of the animated parts in FS2004. Another casualty is Yannick's Robin. There is no solution, unless the author recompiles and reanimates their work using FSDS 2....which is a heavy project. I'm doing just that on behalf of Massimo Taccoli...I volunteered to update his Avanti to FSDS 2, a process I've just started now that I finished the work on Chuck's Malibu. But it's challenging work if you can't do it in a setting w/o distractions...-John