Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevehow

Legendary 727 not so legendary?

Guest Raffie

Just went to check again in the Captain Sim site for a patch so I could use my 727 in FS2004. Instead of a patch, they are mimicking detergent makers by offering a "new" improved version for FS2004! At a cost of $36.95 US. Less than a year ago, I bought my 727, and had the manuals printed at considerable expense (my modest printer couldn't handle that). Any ideas of how to get the 727 to work in 2004? Captain Sim seems to be uncontactable (new word?) -- I've tried every which way.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I hear if you have the L727 installed you can go into the manual(shortcut labeled '727 Manuals'... comes up in your web browser) and get to the link that allows you to download a free upgrade. As in no charge. I went for the other option which I found in their forum. E-Mail them and ask for a full v1.5 FS9 compatible install file. Free for existing owners of the L727. As in no charge. And I just did this a couple days ago. Let me know how it works out for you.Regards,Jim

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Yes, that is true . . .send support or Alex an e mail with your full name and e mail addy and he will send you a link for 1.5 for free . . .and it's an upgraded version which on my computer works flawlessly .. .a frame hog as usual, but it works very well.Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest jason2112

Raffie, please search a bit more thoroughly before posting such misleading information ... as the others have pointed out, you get a patch or a complete new download package (> 80 MB, so some will prefer the patch) free of charge. All the information is available in CaptainSim's support forum, hosted here on AVSIM.I just checked my mail folder, the time between my request to support@captainsim.com and their answer was 45 minutes. It doesn't get much better than that!Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

Guest wathomas777

Not only that, realize you BOUGHT a plane for FS2002, not FS2004.Using your logic, as soon as I get a DVD, I should be able to call Paramount and Fox, and trade all my tapes for DVD's.Luckily for us, The flight sim product line is usually friendly enough to allow many things to cross over without TOO MUCH additional work. Yet regardless on how much work is required, we expect the developer to issue those patches and upgrades GRATIS! Not only that, we moan and complain if the new "patch" doesn't take advantage of the FS2004 features. So not only do we want it to work in FS2004, but we want it to work BETTER than it did in FS2002....For Free....Oops, I missed the part where if I bought Windows 3.1 back in 20386 days that I was entitled to a new version of Windows every time it comes up free of charge, since I OBVIOUSLY parted with my hard earned money back in 1992!!!I have a $20.00 collection of Abacus planes that have been effectively rendered useless. Yet I'm not complaining. If abacus upgrades them (many of them original FS2000 models), great. If not, I got my $20.00 out of them flying FS2002. And If I so desire, I can still fly them in FS2002.Getting a patch to make your application work in the next version of FS is not a right, but rather a priviledge.

Guest stevehow

spot on..it really annoys me when someone flames a company,before checking the facts..i contacted captainsim for the upgrade 1.4 to 1.5(fs2004 ver)and the next day there were my instructions for download..very good service.i would highly recommend any Captainsim product. best wishes steve