Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Flying Tip Losing Power Lean

I need some help with FS2004 to understand The Flying Tip that reads," Your engine is losing power because the mixture is not leaned correctly. To complete this action, press: CTRL = X."I know how to lean an engine and think I am doing so but that tip keeps popping up. I need to know what the parameters are that cause it because as I said I think I know how to lean an engine. Likewise what does CTRL = X do to solve the leaning problem or as the tip reads - to complete this action? I also wonder what," to complete this action," means. I've searched in the forum but found nothing so far. I would appreciate Someone out there giving me an answer. I hope it has not been written up someplace and over looked by me.Hmm, I thought I turned off Tips. where did I see that? ThanksRuss

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I'll try to answer your question. First, the CTRL-X leans your engine automatically, without you having to adjust it by hand. With many aircraft you and actually see the mixtures levers move automagically(as if by magic) if you look at and watch them. But the reason you keep getting the message is the mixture has to be adjust as you gain more and more altitude. Now, it may also be that when you adjust by hand your aren't getting the adjustment at least close to optimal, which will cause the message to come up fairly quickly again too, if I'm not mistaken. Lastly, if you turn off the 'Flying Tips' you shouldn't see the message anymore. Not 'Tool Tips'(mouseovers), but 'Flying Tips'. Of course, if you turn off the Flying Tips you'll need to make sure you are adjusting the mixture properly by hand as you gain altitude, and come down in altitude too, or press CTRL-X occasionally to have it done automagically.Hope that helps! :-waveJimmy

Guest wathomas777

BTW. Flying Tips is checked or unchecked under your Aircraft/Realism Settings menu.

Guest OneTinSoldier

No problem Russ. :)Take Care and have a good flight.Jim