Sign in to follow this  
Minion

pmdg 747 environment

Hi!I heard some videos on youtube environment sounds on aircraft ( like people talking or flight announcements ) like here

( hear until the end ) These sounds are not included with the aircraft.I was wondering if these were available for the PMDG 747x and the PMDG MD-11 and if they were, where I could eventually get them from.Thanks

Dan could help you here if it is, but it might be FSpassengers.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Eric is correct, it sounds like FSP to me. There are other addons that give passenger sounds, like FS2Crew I believe.I could not fly without my FSP.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Eric is correct, it sounds like FSP to me. There are other addons that give passenger sounds, like FS2Crew I believe.I could not fly without my FSP.
Thanks again for your help!How good is FSP? Is it worth those 34 € or $ ?thanks again!

I just listened again to the end of the clip and it sounds like the person who created the video may have added audio to his video edit. You will not hear passengers unless boarding or unboarding. The soundset is different than any I have but the beauty of FSP is it allows you to create your own (Providing you can record the sounds you want).They are called "Crewpacks". There is also Radio chatter that can be tuned on comm2 which I use all the time and have created my own sound sets from aviation excerpts from Family guy hehe.FSP adds a lot to my simming and one of the main things is it gives you the imaginitive feeling of being a pilot in being promoted based on flight hours etc... It also records some cool flight data for review later. Oh I nearly forgot, it has an awesome failure genterator with both sound effects as well as sweet visuals.I would strongly recommend it for anyone.Crewpacks can also be downloaded for free on their website.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

After watching that video, I think he took real life audio from a real aircraft landing and just sync'd it up with his FSX landing video, because FSPax does not add cabin chatter like that in flight, nor does the FAs ever have that specific of cabin calls where it mentions the actual destination and airline.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I agree with Dan, it's one of the best addon's I own and I don't even fly passenger flights :)What I like is all the extra sounds that can be completely customized, also Aircraft will age and get more unreliable depending on how you treat them, eg not performing C/D checks on time, heavy landings or just being cheap and buying a second hand beat up 747-400.The failure system is not as complex as the built in PMDG failures however the big stuff like engine failures, bird strikes, rapid decompression, and damaged tires/gear from heavy landings are a great adition.

Rob Prest

After watching that video, I think he took real life audio from a real aircraft landing and just sync'd it up with his FSX landing video, because FSPax does not add cabin chatter like that in flight, nor does the FAs ever have that specific of cabin calls where it mentions the actual destination and airline.
Interesting responce Scott, you said exactly what I did in the post above yours.In responce to what I bolded in the quote above; by default you are correct, you won't but depending on what crewpacks you have installed you might. In my case I've been using it so long most if not everything I listen to is from myself or downloaded crewpacks.@ Rob,That's funny but then again, passengers don't need windows and are like cargo to some extent. Most of my military flights had no windows, normally in a C-141 starlifter freezing my backside off and trying to hear the guy seated next to me screaming in my ear.

Dan Prunier

Question for Dan:Dan, is there an add-on program that you can recommend for just flight announcements other than FS2Crew and FSP, as they both do way to much of other stuff. All I would like to have is cabin announcements, i.e., announcements to the cabin from the cockpit flight crew and flight attendant announcements to the cabin?For use with PMDG aircraft.ThanksBob Galbraith

Sorry Bob, but never heard of any for just Cabin announcements.Even if there were one, it would probably be the same price as both the others. I have them both and never regretted either purchase. If it's cost, then I can't help there, but if it's just you don't want to learn anything new at the moment (I can relate to that :() both the above mentioned programs are pretty customizable and you can set them to very little to no interaction from yourself and you'd still get to hear the sounds.

Dan Prunier

Dan,As I looked on the FSP site I did not see anything in the screen shots that let you choose the announcement you would like to be given. Also I did not see any manual that I could look through. I have FS2Crew for the PMDG 737-800, but no announcements for the cabin like boarding and after landing etc. (unless I don't know how to get them.)I know nothing about FSP, just found out about it on this post, however I would like to have some announcements to make things more real with PMDG 737-800 and PMDG 747-400.ThanksBob Galbraith

Bob, The best way to hear what you would with FSP is to download some voice packs (Crewpacks) from their download section, here.They also have a free demo, here.One of my favorite things about FSP (already mentioned) is the radio chatter. They are sound clips of actual pilots and ATC that you hear throughout your flight and I mainly use a modified Boston set. I also make my own crewpacks in some cases for adding humor to my flights. My modifications vary, but I simply take a sound I like, cut it, add the crew tone, perhaps a touch of radio squelch and replace a sound and rename it whatever it is. For example a popular video on youtube had this stellar pilot to pax announcement that I now have set for when I turn off the seat belt sign (I wait til at cruise alt, or close to it).Being a Family Guy fan, my first pilot announcement is from Quagmire, as is my last announcement. There are so many different things you can do with it as you can with FS2Crew, even default sounds like the GPWS callouts for a while rather than 1000' being said I had Homer J (The Simpsons) opening a can of beer, at 500' you heard him chugging, at 100' down to 30' more juggin and belching, then at 10' you heard him say "We're all ganna die!".Anywho, enough of my ramble. Check out the Demo, I'm not sure the limitations but should give you enough to go by. And check out some sound sets including chatter!PS. There are also different lanquages for some voicepacks!Edit: I don't mean to talk up about FSP so much and not FS2Crew. I loves them both and they both add a lot of immersion to my simming :(. I wish I could answer to your issue about not hearing passengers with it, I'm pretty sure I could. It's currently uninstalled since I mainly fly the MD-11 and due to my own custom issue, I cannot run it (exceeds number of windows, long & boring story).

Edited by Turbine777

Dan Prunier

Just to clarify, FSPax and FS2Crew are not the same program. FSPax is to simulate flying for an airline, adding airline reputation, adjusting passangers on your plane, the failiures that have already been discussed.FS2Crew is a virtual flight crew. You dont fly a 747, 737, 767 or MD11 by yourself, FS2Crew fills in those missing pieces, with a First Officer, Flight Attendents, Ground crew, and they all have their jobs to do, as do you. You interact with them and work with them all like a creal PIC would on a flight, the cabin announcements (which I far prefor over the FSPax ones, as I have had the FSPax announcements turned off for years now) are bonus. All the versions of FS2Crew I use has the cabin announcements turned off by default because you would not hear them in the flight deck unless you have the cabin pa active and being piped in through your headsets, which most of the time you do not. Plus the new voice versions of FS2Crew the cabin announcements are more detailed with respect with the aircraft you are flying, mentioning "exits on this Boeing 767", "the exit row, which is row 6 on the Js41", that sort of thing.My advice, if you are flying the PMDG 747, buy FS2Crew. I have enjoyed flying so much more since I first bought FS2Crew, I cannot imagine flying without it. I use it on just about every flight I do, aside from the few I fly the feelthere ERJs (there is no FS2Crew for that).As for FSPax, it is fun to fly, earn some money, buy new planes, expand your airline, build up your reputation, and move up the ranks, but their failiure system can really get annoying sometimes, failiure rate seems way too high.When the NGX finally comes out, there is no doubt I will by FS2Crew to go along with it. Probably the only times I will every fly it without FS2Crew will be my first several flights where I am learning the aircraft, and any flights there after in the time between the NGXs release and FS2Crews.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Another possibility is FS Flightkeeper that besides FA announcements gives a whole lot of features. Moving map, flight critique and much more.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------