Sign in to follow this  
Guest ACA856_at_work3

Install = video error "Out of Freq Range"

Guest ACA856_at_work3

When I try to install FS9, after about 2 miutes copying of Disk 1, my monitor goes blank and a 'monitor warning' flag appears saying "Frequency out of Range". It's like FS9 is trying to switch to a refresh rate/setting that my monitor can't handle.Running a 19" Princeton monitor, 32mb Matrox Dual Head, AMD850. Everything else runs fine, been running FS2k2 no problems for many moons.Any ideas?Thanks,Rob.

Which model? EO900 MIK? Is there some high pitch noise sometimes? I used EO900 before, and got this message several times. It looks like it can't handle high frequecy for a long time(I usually set in at 144Hz). Mine just die in May this year(not total dead, I think just the frequency part, which make the weird screen, like wave). I contact them to for the warranty, but they don't have EO900 for a month, so they gave me Sylvania SC190, however, it still a low quilty moniter. It can't handle high frequency for a month. Now I got second one, but I don't want to try high frequency again.So lower your frequency to 85Hz. If there is a noise, contact them for a warranty replacement.

Guest ACA856_at_work3

I had the monitor set to "Optimal", I also tried it at 85hz, 75hz, 65hz...same thing happens...I get about 1 minute into Disk 1, then the screen goes blank and/or the system freezes up.There is no noise, the monitor is functioning normally with FS2k2, etc.I checked the Matrox site, nothing there. They did a patch for Fs2k2 (texutre problems), but nothing for FS9.It would seem part of the install wants to go to a different video mode...this is where it hangs.It may be a faulty disk 1, I will test at a buddy's house and see if it happens there.Rob.

What MB did you use? Did you tweak any BIOS setting before? Like PCI/AGP setting?

Guest ACA856_at_work3

No tweaks. It's the same MB that FS2k2 runs on...I forget the manufacturer...I may have changed the AGP setting in the BIOS from 64mb to 32mb (the size of my card) long ago, that's all I can think of and it should not cause this to happen.