Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimbofly

Looking for the best Cessna 172 Addon.

>>The default C-172 in FS9 is the best flight model ever>produced by MS.I really liked the default 172 as well. However, after I got my shiny new rudder pedals I realized that they were of little use with this plane, because it always seemed to stay coordinated no matter what I did with it. As soon as I banked, that little black ball would stick in the center like glue.Is this your experience as well?I'm flying the RealAir 172 right now just because it requires the use of the rudder pedals to execute coordinated turns, though there are some things I like better about the default 172.

Thanks Doug.I have that book.. I have been reading it.. (I am still in the beginning) and hence my interest in knowing about spins... I just would like to get this demon off my back.:)I would like to know about ..as much as possible.. so I will never have to be in such a situation and even If I am.. I'll know.. not to panic and get out of it.Hence ..wanted to see.. how much I can learn using a simulator.. before I would even request or do for real.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Jimbofly

There is no sabotage. If you had been even remotely attentive as to what people have found it is that MS have reduced the size of the air files and increased the size of the cfg files. Some of the DEFAULT aircraft in FS2004 have the ability to spin!The internal physics engine of FS2004 is of a higher fidelity than FS2002, but it turns out that some of the existing flight models for existing payware aircraft have to be reworked to accomodate the new physics engine, and you might find that when Rob Young releases a new air file for the SF.260 it may well fly better than it did in FS2002.The same could be said for the 172.My two cents.James