Sign in to follow this  
Tanocapo

Strange AI Traffic Issue, again

Hi all!!!Sometime ago it happened the same that it's happening now, some ai traffic is not showing. And it's clear that i know that for sure because it is showing only the ga traffic and 4 or 3 airlines that flies in my current flying zone (Buenos Aires, Argentina).The first time i solved it, deleting aereas and creating them again. ALL OF THEM!! More than 170 areas!! :( After this i didn't install anymore scenery areas.The weird things are that:1) in other airports from around the world (Italy, USA, Brazil) are present those airline that are supposed to be shown in EZE. And it shows every airline it should be!! 2)I ran AIFP and it didn't find anything wrong. No FS9 traffic at all and no airlines duplicated!!I'm using WOAI traffic files and some AIGs.The other thing that could possibly affecting it, is EZCA but i uninstalled it the first time it happened an it didn't solve the problem!!I really don't know what is causing this. I'm gonna be recreating my scenery library. If anyone has this problem or know how could i solve it please throw me a bone!! It's a pain in the butt deleting and creating almost 200 areas :( Thanks to read my problem!!Ignacio :( PS: if you need more info please tell me what could i add to be more precise!!

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

Hi all!!!Sometime ago it happened the same that it's happening now, some ai traffic is not showing. And it's clear that i know that for sure because it is showing only the ga traffic and 4 or 3 airlines that flies in my current flying zone (Buenos Aires, Argentina).The first time i solved it, deleting aereas and creating them again. ALL OF THEM!! More than 170 areas!! :( After this i didn't install anymore scenery areas.The weird things are that:1) in other airports from around the world (Italy, USA, Brazil) are present those airline that are supposed to be shown in EZE. And it shows every airline it should be!! 2)I ran AIFP and it didn't find anything wrong. No FS9 traffic at all and no airlines duplicated!!I'm using WOAI traffic files and some AIGs.The other thing that could possibly affecting it, is EZCA but i uninstalled it the first time it happened an it didn't solve the problem!!I really don't know what is causing this. I'm gonna be recreating my scenery library. If anyone has this problem or know how could i solve it please throw me a bone!! It's a pain in the butt deleting and creating almost 200 areas :( Thanks to read my problem!!Ignacio :( PS: if you need more info please tell me what could i add to be more precise!!
Most of the time, this problem exhibits using scenery packages that are designed with FS9-functions carried over to FSX. The way to fix this is turn off "aircraft shadows."The other piece of the puzzle is using FSX flight plans alongside FS9 ones. There are two ways to fix this. Delete the FSX flight plans or decompile the FSX FPs and change them to FS9-type plans.NOTE: If you're using WOAI FPs, then you are using FS9-style FPs.fb

Most of the time, this problem exhibits using scenery packages that are designed with FS9-functions carried over to FSX. The way to fix this is turn off "aircraft shadows."The other piece of the puzzle is using FSX flight plans alongside FS9 ones. There are two ways to fix this. Delete the FSX flight plans or decompile the FSX FPs and change them to FS9-type plans.NOTE: If you're using WOAI FPs, then you are using FS9-style FPs.fb
Thanks Fbass!!! I knew i was not crazy!! I thought for a momment i was the only one with this problem since i couldn't find anything about it in google!!So, if i understand right, if 2 kind of scenery coexist, first i should turn off "aircraft shadows". But if i don't want to turn it off, i should change fsx FPs to FS9 type?!? Is this correct?Because now i have all my FPs in fsx type!! (with all the beautiful boats in the water :( )What i'm doing right now is reinstalling every scenery one by one to check which one is the fs9 reconverted to fsx! It must be one of the last installed.Thanks again!!Ignacio :(

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

Thanks Fbass!!! I knew i was not crazy!! I thought for a momment i was the only one with this problem since i couldn't find anything about it in google!!So, if i understand right, if 2 kind of scenery coexist, first i should turn off "aircraft shadows". But if i don't want to turn it off, i should change fsx FPs to FS9 type?!? Is this correct?Because now i have all my FPs in fsx type!! (with all the beautiful boats in the water :( )What i'm doing right now is reinstalling every scenery one by one to check which one is the fs9 reconverted to fsx! It must be one of the last installed.Thanks again!!Ignacio Big Grin.gif
I believe you misunderstand the FS2004/FSX format Traffic file issue.FSX can use either format - but not at the same time.If FSX finds just one FS2004 Traffic file, it will block the display of all FSX format Traffic files.So that is why it is recommended to convert all FS2004 format Traffic files to the FSX format.Many of us use the conversion tool (on the file menu) of Don Grovestine's excellent (and free) AI Flight Planner utility. You can get the latest version here:http://members.shaw.ca/aifp/The turning on or off of "shadows" has nothing to do with the format of the Traffic files but "may" influence how some of the aircraft are displayed.

I believe you misunderstand the FS2004/FSX format Traffic file issue.FSX can use either format - but not at the same time.If FSX finds just one FS2004 Traffic file, it will block the display of all FSX format Traffic files.So that is why it is recommended to convert all FS2004 format Traffic files to the FSX format.Many of us use the conversion tool (on the file menu) of Don Grovestine's excellent (and free) AI Flight Planner utility. You can get the latest version here:http://members.shaw.ca/aifp/The turning on or off of "shadows" has nothing to do with the format of the Traffic files but "may" influence how some of the aircraft are displayed.
Hi David and thanks for your reply!!I understand that, David. In fact, i installed/compile every WOAI traffic bgl in FSX format because i didn't wanna lose boat traffic!! :( In my first post i mention that i used AIFP to validate my traffic files and everything was alright and to find if i had (that i don't) any fs9 traffic bgl.But i think i have a clue and i want to share with you. I found some traffic files created by the author of some sceneries in Addon scenery folder. I'm deleting those traffic files from the equation and i already have my WOAI traffic again!!! :( Real time guys!!Now, how could i know if a bgl has traffic or is something else (besides if the author named the file with the word traffic)? And why FSX load some traffic files and not the others? What sequence follows FSX to read traffic files?Thanks for your help and i wait for your comments!!CheersIgnacio :(

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

Hi David and thanks for your reply!!I understand that, David. In fact, i installed/compile every WOAI traffic bgl in FSX format because i didn't wanna lose boat traffic!! Big%20Grin.gif In my first post i mention that i used AIFP to validate my traffic files and everything was alright and to find if i had (that i don't) any fs9 traffic bgl.But i think i have a clue and i want to share with you. I found some traffic files created by the author of some sceneries in Addon scenery folder. I'm deleting those traffic files from the equation and i already have my WOAI traffic again!!! :( Real time guys!!Now, how could i know if a bgl has traffic or is something else (besides if the author named the file with the word traffic)? And why FSX load some traffic files and not the others? What sequence follows FSX to read traffic files?Thanks for your help and i wait for your comments!!CheersIgnacio Big%20Grin.gif
There is no way that I am aware of to know the difference - as Traffic files can be named anyway you might wish. As a test I have even named one The_Kitchen_Sink.bgl and FS used it properly.FS does not care what the name may be as it reads a "header" inside of the file to determine what type of bgl it is.That is why I use the conversion tool I mentioned earlier as it will hunt for FS2004 format Traffic files and find them regardless of how they might be named.Hope that helps.