Sign in to follow this  
Gaiiden

WTF - text is allll messed up in menus and ATC

I've been trying to figure this out for about an hour now but no ideas. Does anyone have a clue as to what would make my text appear like this? The only other thing I noticed is that parking textures also appeared to be faded out. When I close and reopen the window sometimes it clears up a little bit - but still appears very faded and barely visible. Checked my texture load size, reinstalled my graphics drivers, replaced the HD parking textures from REX with the defaults... undecided.gifClick to see image

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

I don't have a specific answer for your issue, but here is a link to some MS trouble-shooting steps you might want to check out. Some of the symptoms appear to relate to your specific problems. I hope this helps. NOTE: This link applies to FSX (see "Applies To" section.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263039Frank

I've been trying to figure this out for about an hour now but no ideas. Does anyone have a clue as to what would make my text appear like this? The only other thing I noticed is that parking textures also appeared to be faded out. When I close and reopen the window sometimes it clears up a little bit - but still appears very faded and barely visible. Checked my texture load size, reinstalled my graphics drivers, replaced the HD parking textures from REX with the defaults... undecided.gifClick to see image
Move your GPU's MipMap level to a higher setting.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Move your GPU's MipMap level to a higher setting.
Yep, this worked for me.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll keep the mip-mapping tweak in mind for the future - makes sense.Randomly tho, after posting this issue I flew for an hour or so just ignoring ATC (I was in a helicopter anyways) then had to go out for about 3 hours and when I came home to do some more flying and booted the sim back up - it was all fine! shocked.gif

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

Its happened to me a couple of times. I usuallu chalk it up to the fact that my computer isnt the strongest out there. I usually exit FSX and then start it again and everything is fine.

Its happened to me a couple of times. I usuallu chalk it up to the fact that my computer isnt the strongest out there. I usually exit FSX and then start it again and everything is fine.
That fixes it for me too, and I've always chalked it up to a "not so fresh" computer.

That fixes it for me too, and I've always chalked it up to a "not so fresh" computer.
" Not so fresh" Jeremey that is great. Got a good laugh.