Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

What driver to use with Geforce3 Ti 200?

Guest panda234

I'm currently using 29.42. Stable, but must be something newer (i.e. higher performance) and still stable. Thoughts?Thx,billg

Hi,I am using the 45.23 drivers with my GeForce3 TI500 in FS2002. And those drivers rock. ;-)However, forget the GeForce card with FS2004. Couldn

Staffan

Guest Don_Eliot

panda, I guess my thoughts are why don't you just try some of the new drivers???? That's how I find out, it cost nothing. Give 'em a try. Don

The 30.82 drivers are stable and perform well.. I believe the newer drivers are mainly there to provide support for newer cards and do not do much for us folks with the "classic" nvidia cards..

Bert

Guest panda234

thx Bert. I squeezed a few FPS with the 30.82 drivers. :-)I hear what you're saying Don, but I ended up in driver nowhereland trying out the 44.03's so I was hoping that someone could recommend a driver that worked for them with this card.

Bill, I also have a GeForce3 Ti200 (Visiontek) using the 44.03 drivers for FS2004. I have most display sliders in the mid to upper range with the frame rate set at 20 and average 14 to 19 fps. My processor is an AMD XP 1600. I have not had any problem with this version.I believe there is also a thread on this site or at the flightsim.com site referring to a discovery regarding the video cards recognized by FS2004 in the display.cfg file in the main FS folder and what to do if your card is not listed (TI200 is not listed). Do a search for video adapters, display.cfg or fs9.cfg to find the thread(s). Which operating system you have also has a bearing. FS2004 on Windows XP systems seemed to benefit the most. I gained 5-6 fps by making the recommended change.Hope this helps.Jeff G.

Guest contrail

44.03's here also. had the trusty old 29.42's for the longest time and always went back to them after other newer drivers had issues, but these seem to be the bee's knee's.

Another vote for the 44.03s. Good performance and very sharp text on screen.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support