Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbb

How to get the take-off RWY that I want?

Guest lbb

Hi guys,In FS2004 I'm supposed to be able to choose my departure runway, right? However, on Schiphol, my home base, I have found that this doesn't work.In FS2002 the only runway I could use for take-off was 24, since 06 in real life is never used for take-off (this pair being the automatic choice of ATC since it was the longest). And for landing I could only use 06, since 24 has no ILS and is hardly ever used in real life. So by shifting the wind I could force ATC to see things my way, although I didn't like being limited to only that pair.Now, in FS2004, I find that for some reason I CAN'T get 24 or 06. If I set the wind to 240 degrees I get rwy 27, which, there we go again, is never used in real life (well, never, I think in my entire life I've seen 3 aircraft take off in that direction). If I set it to 220 degrees I get a choice of 19L or 19R.Does anyone have any clue as to why the only runway that was available in FS2002 is suddenly unavailable in FS2004? And is there any way to force ATC to give you a certain rwy before you contact them? I mean, I've personally never heard any pilot at EHAM ask for a different rwy than assigned, so I find this rather unrealistic. And the same goes for landing in my opinion.Leo Bakker