Sign in to follow this  
Emerson67

Autopilot and electrical system issues

Hi,Unfortunately, I've found severe problems with the Mooney.In the beginning of the flight, the autopilot works ok. Pitot heating is ON (and stay ON all the flight). After about 30 minutes to 1 hour of flight, with the A/P engaged (HDG and ALT), this avionic starts to work erratically. First, it doesn't keep the pressure altitude it was supposed to hold (it diverges from the altimeter a lot). The difference increases as time passes. In addition, the A/P doesn't respond correctly to V/S settings. I becomes more erratic as time passes. So bad that it becomes impossible to fly with the A/P engaged, so I turn it off. After more 30 minutes of manual flight, the gran finale: all the electrical system fail. All avionics turn off. I can't even down the landing gear and flaps. I restarted XP and repeated the flight. Same thing. I changed to another GA aircraft and repeated the flight: all ok. Yes, only happening with this plane. I've checked all XP default planes and add-ons. The problem is with the Mooney for sure. Even reseting failures on XP menu to none (no failure), after the failure, doesn't help. The electrical system stays dead. Only restarting XP or reloading the plane fix the problem. Important note: XP failures are all set to OFF along the simulation.I'm running X-plane 9.61. Also happens with 9.60Any idea?

Hi Emerson !As far as I know, the electrical and AP issues have now been fixed by the Carenado team and will be available in a future patch.If you want a good workaround while waiting for the patch, you can read the tips here from Gefahren from the X-Plane.org forum:http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=47584&view=findpost&p=528263You can also read this blog if you want reviews or news:http://xplane10.wordpress.com/Happy flying ! :(

Hello !List of changes for the Carenado Mooney M20J v1.1:

v1.1 list of changes:New Features:-Door closes automatically at 20 kts, and cannot be opened during flight.-3D circuit breakersBug fixes:-NAV, Morse Code, Transponder bug-Propeller Control (worked only half way with key/joystick)-Autopilot 10,000 ft limit-Autopilot Off after 1 hr-underlying electrical issues (Inverter no longer part of electrical circuitry)-lack of generator switch. Now always on when engine running-front wheel steering at low speeds.-battery amperage, consumption-Amp meter indicator reversed-Engine Idle-Prop Mass Ratio-Windmilling Propeller-Lighting of Cockpit instruments... Now independent of Landing Light, adjustable with right dimmer.-external geometry visibility (retract bay) in cockpit view.-Pitch deflection Attitude Indicator-jittering fuel gauge needles at engine off-appearance of wingtip nav lights (Transparency)-appearance of elevator rootKnown Issues:-Due to complexity of plane, it is not recommended for use as an AI plane.-FPS drop with Avionics switch. This is caused by the dynamic reflections on the spinner.Unreproducible end-user reports:-Garmin GNS WAAS Simulation and Reality XP GPS - reports of incompatibility.-"Takeoff Trim" programmed on certain joystick buttons not behaving as expected.Purchasing the plane from the X-Plane.org store from this point on will deliver the updated v1.1 plane.All other returning customers should get an email shortly.
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=47757Happy flying ! :(