Sign in to follow this  
Robi77

MD-11 Autopilot Question

I created a flightplan in the MD-11 and using the autopilot. waypoint datas in the FCDU BLM 245 / +15000 ZH677 245 / + 12000 Gipol 245 / 8002 Tra/10 242 / 5099 CF14 189 / 4000 I was under the impression that when the above waypoints are reached that the speed should adjustto the indicated values.( ex 189 at CF14 )But this is not the case and I wonder why.The speeds are always higher.Thanks for your helpHubert Werni

Hi Hubert, What is the location of the bug on the speed tape? In other words, the plane may be above speed because it is descending in which case you might be at say, 270 even though you have 245 set and the speed bug will most likely be out of sight. Normally in that case you would just open the spoilers (speed brakes) until you slow. Also check and see if the throttle is at idle. It should be if your descending from altitude.If you want to maintain speed the best way possible without needed to apply brakes, you would want to start your descent earlier (TD). Entering winds and Anti ice information in the Descent forcast page helps a great deal with this also on giving you a much improved TD location.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Hubert, What is the location of the bug on the speed tape? In other words, the plane may be above speed because it is descending in which case you might be at say, 270 even though you have 245 set and the speed bug will most likely be out of sight. Normally in that case you would just open the spoilers (speed brakes) until you slow. Also check and see if the throttle is at idle. It should be if your descending from altitude.If you want to maintain speed the best way possible without needed to apply brakes, you would want to start your descent earlier (TD). Entering winds and Anti ice information in the Descent forcast page helps a great deal with this also on giving you a much improved TD location.
Thanks for your reply.Could hardly believe it.After a few minutes I got your reply already !!Hubert Werni

Thanks for your reply.Could hardly believe it.After a few minutes I got your reply already !!Hubert Werni
That's because Dan is one of the most helpful posters on this Forum.Keep it up Dan.