Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

The Best Freeware Airports and Scenery for FS9

Guest UR46393

:) Hi Everyone!___ Now & after at my steel wings is shining inscription: My favorite freeware airports is.. Kharkov project 2008( Kharkov city is old, former capital of Ukraine country)! It is biggest realistic and detailed ap Mega(!!) project. , and creating of Kharkov ap mega project scenery at excellent level- many thanks for all developers of it perfect scenery! Great job! Scenery contain new original dynamic(weather!) airport surface, dynamic objects((no other outside addons required) and another.____ Look and download now it at: http://www.avsimrus....on=download&hl= & http://www.avsimrus....on=download&hl= Download and install both sceneries- it value of Avsim.com Gold Award! If right- say "Yes!" here, "Kharkov project 2008- The Best of the Best!!"- straight away! Welcome all to Kharkiv at "Ukraine football Euro2012", Happy landings! ..Your kindest UR46393(aka UR67393). Good Luck Everyone! :)

Edited by UR46393

I too have to give ten thumbs up for Sunskyjet KPHL_FS9_10 file for their great job on KPHL. I can't believe it is a free download. Chuck is right on this. Go to www. sunskyjet.com. Again great job Sunskyjet.

All of Robin Corn's Godzone New Zealand sceneries for FS9 are now freeware. Also, anything from the Airfield Construction Group (John Young etc.) are outstanding - military airfields in the UK and Germany as well as their wonderful Duxford package...

Kiwiflyer..........What airports did Godzone make for FS9? I know they made Wellington and the airports in the Marlborough pack. Did they make others?

Did they make others?

Yep! Rotarua for one, Tauranga for another. Also check out the Wanaka airshow scenery.

Appliance.......Where can I find those sceneries? I have been searching and so far I just found the FSX versions.

Thanks for the vote for CalClassic scenery - while we don't use all the fancy visual effects (no sattelite images for 1962 that are clear enough!), I'm glad it made the list.  :)

Tom - the thanks should go to you. You've contributed an enormous amount to our hobby...

• Upvote 1

Tom - the thanks should go to you. You've contributed an enormous amount to our hobby...

+100  Ditto!!  Tom is up there with the all time Legends!!

Thanks for the vote for CalClassic scenery - while we don't use all the fancy visual effects (no sattelite images for 1962 that are clear enough!), I'm glad it made the list.  :)

For folks who've not been around too long, and respectful of his humility, Tom's selling himself a little short.  He and his team doesn't just create scenery, they've re-created an entire era!!  Their work is a category of freeware unto itself.  And I think he is the only developer still going that develops exclusively for FS9.  Thank you, Tom!!  :Big Grin:

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.  It's little things like your comments that keeps me going.

Take care,

• Upvote 4

With the mentioning of KPHL, I have to say

KLGB, KONT, KORL, KSNA, KBUR, KHOU, KPSP, KTOL, AND KTYS by Shehryar Ansari (Shez).

Also,

PADU, PAMR by Roger Wensley.

Delblond Christian's Caribbean sceneries.

Glacier Bay by Holger Sandmann. Come to think of it any of his sceneries.

Toni Agramont's sceneries.

Toni Hiltunen's city enhancements.

El Formosa Taiwan.

Terra Brasilis Sao Paulo and Rio.

FreeFlow sceneries.

Japanese Cities at http://fsx.o.oo7.jp/ by Shigeo"shige"Ishii.

Manila, Kualalu, and Shanghai by Nestor D'Angelo.

City of Edmonton by Brian Sturton.

Furnace Creek by Ron Ezra.

CYYJ by Don Grovestone.

AlphaSim has a lot of free military airports.

John Stinstrom has done several nice military airports.

I'm really surprised  that this thread is over 3 yrs old and only 2 pages.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe I didn't think of Shez's many great sceneries and also Glacier Bay which is one of the most extensive scenery addons ever - freeware or payware... Thanks for reminding us SCORP...

There is also an outstanding KCGX Meigs from FlyScenery...