Sign in to follow this  
Guest bjjones

iFDG 767 & 757

Guest Terblanche

Recently downloaded the B767 and B757 from iFDG and sorry to say but there is something wrong with the power of these aircraft in Fs2004! You climb at 180 knots and from FL180 you start to loose power, so much so that at FL310 it is hard to maintain 160 knots with a 20' pitch up attitude and anything higher you go into a stall ...Any help in this regard?Kindly requestedTerblanche

Guest panzerschiffe

Climb at 250 knots up to 10,000, then accelerate to 290-300 knots. Climb at whatever rate that speed will give you. See if that helps. FS2004 handles FDE's somewhat differently than FS2002, so until the SDK comes out to see what may have changed, we're left to do some voodoo magic to try and figure out what the problem is.

Guest Shocky

Here is what I do and I have no problems with neither of these two aircraft.250 til 10,000ft then Im going to 280 till 24,000 ft and after that I switch to mach (as should be done at those high altitudes usually I use mach .74 and the aircraft has no problem maintaining mach .74Tho when I switch to indicated airspeed it indicates only 170 kts.. this might be realistic as the air density is very low at those high altitudes and the indicated airspeed is measured by pressure.so just rely on the Mach indicator and everything will be fine. atleast it's for me.cheers :-waveshocky :-hah"You talk so much , but you say so little" :-boom

Guest Darren Howie

G'day JuanHave you ever actually seen a 767?I don't mean to be blunt but take a look at some pictures and then you may want to reconsider saying the IFDG 76 has an "Issue" with the langing gear bogie's tilting forward.Before saying it has an issue you may actually want to see what the real aircraft looks like.

It seems to suffer the same pitch up and too much drag that happens to every other fs2002 fde in 2004. I hope someone can figure this thing out sooner or later. Even the 2004 default planes have the same problem.I have not found a heavy aircraft that can even approach the outer marker at 180 kts without pitching nose up and stalling.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Hi Juan,As "senior captain", obviously you don't fly the 76! I believe that the 767 is perhaps the only aircraft with this "tip-toe" wheel configuration, and I've heard various stories from it being a design error, to the fact that it offers better transition weight transfer of the a/c load at touch-down.But, it's certainly not a "bug" in this model. :)Bruce.

Guest bjjones

I read this a long time ago in a magazine which I can't find but it goes along the lines of...... The bogies need to hang so that the wheels are parallel to the main spine beams (fore/aft beams of the aircraft structure) when the gear retracts. However, during the design of the 767, there was a large increase in the price of oil (Middle East oil crisis, I believe). Therefore, the wing design was changed (sweep increased and moved slightly further back on the fuselage to improve fuel efficiency) As a result, the bogies then needed to tilt forward so that the wheels were parallel with above mentioned spine beam, in short reducing the amound of redesign needed as it's easier just to turn a gear around than it is to completely remake it.

Hi :)The A310s/A300s also have bogies that tilt backward when there is no weight on them :)

I recently downloaded the Delta 767-432ER version and found it hard to fly also. When I checked the aircraft.cfg file, I found some discrepancies that may be the cause of the problems.ITEM aircraft.cfg Boeing/GE website dataEmpty wt 181,610 330,000MAX T/O wt 388,000 450,000Static thrust 56,030 52,500 to 63,500wing span 156' 170' 4"There are only two weight stations defined for the 767-400 while the default aircraft have 9 in the 737 and 777 and 11 in the 747. I don't know if these values in the cfg file are part of the reason this plan is so hard to fly.Bob

Guest juan_v

Juanitos landing.....>Hi Juan,>>As "senior captain", obviously you don't fly the 76! I>believe that the 767 is perhaps the only aircraft with this>"tip-toe" wheel configuration, and I've heard various stories>from it being a design error, to the fact that it offers>better transition weight transfer of the a/c load at>touch-down.>>But, it's certainly not a "bug" in this model. :)>>Bruce.>>G'day Juan>Have you ever actually seen a 767?>I don't mean to be blunt but take a look at some pictures and then >you may want to reconsider saying the IFDG 76 has an "Issue" with >the langing gear bogie's tilting forward.>Before saying it has an issue you may actually want to see what the >real aircraft looks like.>>Darren HowieJuanitos: LooooK.... maaaaa.... the 767 landing....Mother: Great approach looks good....http://home.coqui.net/velilla/images/fsscr007.jpgJuanitos: Loook.... maaa.... the 767 is ploughing the land.....Mother: Thats the runway not the "land", you should call Boeing andtell then to fix the problem....Juanitos: But maaaa.... I did, I did, I did call the Boeign forum butBruuu.... said that as a "Senior Captain" I did not know the diference between "the plane..., the plane..., the plane....." and afarmer's ploughing machine...... and then Howiiieee..... from "Happy Days" said that I was working in a farm and not in a 767.....http://home.coqui.net/velilla/images/fsscr009.jpgMother: Look you recovered....Juanito: I did, I did, I did.......http://home.coqui.net/velilla/images/fsscr011.jpgMother: You are more than a "Senior Captain" you are an ACE a miracle...Juanito: I am!!! I am!!! I am!!!!http://home.coqui.net/velilla/images/fsscr012.jpg http://home.coqui.net/velilla/images/aav100_banner1.jpg

Guest bjjones

Nobody ever said it was supposed to do that, if you had checked our forum then youd know we're well aware of the problem which is only a matter of modifying the contact points. Bruce & Darren were simply pointing out the fact that the 767 gears are supposed to tilt forward as apose to backwards.

<>Perhaps it was the rather superior and patrionising (and some might consider 'rude') tone that they adopted in 'simply pointing out the fact' which gave rise to the rather amusing display of sarcasm!!It might suprise some people to learn that we don't all have indepth knowledge of the tilt angles and direction of the wheel bogies on every airliner. I just wish people would respond to a plain question with a plain answer (no pun intended!).Regards:-wave

Hi,I quite enjoyed his response, actually. And I'm sorry of I sounded sarcastic, as we all have to start somewhere. A plain question (also no pun intended) may have been "Does the B76 really have the tip-toe gear", or "why does it...". It was his inference (based on his lack of knowledge) that the product was flawed that I didn't like.As it turned out it may be that he was referring to the contact points issues that he observed.Anyway- once again apologies to all. We all have to get on with each other here. :)Bruce.

Guest juan_v

><767 gears are supposed to tilt forward as apose to>backwards.>>>>Perhaps it was the rather superior and patrionising (and some>might consider 'rude') tone that they adopted in 'simply>pointing out the fact' which gave rise to the rather amusing>display of sarcasm!!>>It might suprise some people to learn that we don't all have >indepth knowledge of the tilt angles and direction of the>wheel bogies on every airliner. I just wish people would>respond to a plain question with a plain answer (no pun>intended!).>>Regards>>:-waveYou are right.........I had visited this forum for many years and had read some responsesthat have chilled my spine, Bruce & Darren responses are not amongthose, but I took the opportunity to respond as I believe a 4 year old kid would respond, believe me you dont want to hear the response of some 6 year old kid or older. I admit that my question was not properly presented, as hundreds are all over this forum, nomatter who or what you are, stop, think, if you dont like it, is simple... dont answer it, because if you answer it with a hidden agenda is like talking with your pants down behind a fence there are those that are mature and sensitive enough to see your underware or even worse through the fence.Now I love the iFDG 767 especially its flights dynamics (not an expert). To Bruce & Darren, sorry for using your responses as examples.:-wave :-wave :-wave http://home.coqui.net/velilla/images/aav100_banner1.jpg