Sign in to follow this  
Guest bjjones

iFDG 767 & 757

Guest lawyerpilot

"maintain 160 knots with a 20' pitch up attitude and anything higher you go into a stall "Who in the sam hill is flying a 757 at 20 degrees at 350? Not even a warrior will maintain altitude at 20 degrees pitch. Unless you are practicing departure stalls, even then the aircraft does eventually come down... :))as for the 180 knots to FL180, you need to step climb, get to 250 by 10k. You are flying to Fl180 at a speed low enough to permit 20 degrees of flaps:))Rotate to 15-20 degrees. Positive rate of climb, gear up, Hold pitch attitude, activate autothrust at 1000-3000 AGL depending on company manual, Get to 250 ASAP, should see around 2000-2500 fpm, clean up the flaps as you approach Vspeeds. Usually should be almost clean about 3000 AGL. Then climb at 250 to ten, and then shoot for.70, and .78-.82 for cruise. Not at my desk, but seems about right. Climbed to FL10k on one engine in a MD-90 full motion sim at Long Beach...know you can get there one engine, albeit it was made a little easier because the engines are close to centerline.

Guest kurtj

I just seem to lift off sooner in fs2004 with the Rolls Royce American 757 than I did with fs2002 for some reason. I don't know why. As for the IFDG 757 has anyone noticed the slats don't go down as far as they should in real life? It just doesn't seem to be quite as accurate in that respect as I had hoped for. You might want to check your models with airliners.net and see if you agree with me. I did and it just doesn't seem to be. The 767 seems to be improved in that area.

GUYS!!!! GEEEZE!!!!Its a bloody freeware aircraft.If you dont "like" something..email the bloody author, dont slam it on a public forum! If you 'REALLY" dont like something, do what I did/do "DELETE" key is your friend!.I dont know if IFDG has a forum or not, dont even know if the model downloads have an email addy. I dont know because I do not under any circumstances ever, complain too...or about..freeware anything.I just use my trusty friend "delete" key. And wait for the update.MY mottoIf i have nothing good to say about the model, i dont say anything at all!!.End of Lesson.

Hi Juan,No need to apologize, I was the one who made a bad comment. Is TJSJ your airport, and if so, where is that?Bruce.

As far as the question about the way the gear hangs on the 76. It does not hang or point down. There is actually an actuator that is attached to the forward part of the gear called a tilt actuator. The easy explanation as to why is so the gear are at the right angle to fit into the gear well. I am a 757/767/777 systems mechanic for a carrier operating these A/C.Thanks,Joe

Craig:Common, you're exaggerating, right? Either you're too heavy (too much fuel) or not configured properly in your flap / throttle settings. I'm sure you know that in a 767, you'll need to lower some flap to get down to 180 KIAS without excessive nose-up attitude, and to maintain the appropriate attitude (nose on the horizon a first officer told me) you'll need to spool-up those turbofans. They have a sh*t load of available power, so don't be afraid to use it.http://southwest.corpmerchandise.com/image...l/200015138.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.