Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

LA Megascenery: Can you manually extract scenery files ...

LA Megascenery will not load for me because I am using FAT32. Can you manually extract the scenery and texture files from the BIN file on the CD and manually install the scenery?Bill Meier

Guest Milamber

I don't have it so I don't know but I doubt it. Are you on XP? If so why are you using Fat32? Is there some reason besides you just didn't convert when you installed XP? If not you should convert to NTFS.

Guest cw1011

I did the conversion just to install megascenery - they have a "how to" on their web site. Warning - while this conversision did not cause any real problems, it did screw around with the anti-piracy wrapper programs for my FSD aircraft and my Dreamfleet c310. I'm guessing the anti-piracy programs lost their path to the reg key. Be prepared to fully re-install these planes with full registration. Other than that, the longest part of the process is updating windows with the SP and all critical updates (there is one update you don't want to install and you don't need to to get this converstion finished - do a search on this site for Windows Update -it really slows down performance). Took a grand total of about three hours. Best. Colin