Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Latest FSUIPC, FSNav ... will I use functionality if I upgrade my FS2002 installations?

I've searched here and elsewhere but can't find answers to my captioned question.As one who will definitely be hanging on to FS2002 in parallel to FS9 for some time to come, I'm curious to know whether the last freeware version of FSUIPC in FS2002 is worth overwriting with the latest if non-registered, or whether that will actually kill functionality; and whether the certain functions that are not supported in FSNav 4.6 in FS9 ("move aircraft to here", etc.) would also disappear in FS2002?I shall probably let sleeping dogs lie in my FS2002 as the older versions work just fine, but would appreciate any input.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest farmer

I running FSNav with out FSUIPC. I read on FSNav site it would lose some functionality is FS9.

"Move Aircaft To Here" still works fine in FS Nav 4.6. It only does not work while you are on the ground. If you slew the airplane a couple of feet off the ground, it will work at the airport in a manner similar to 4.51, except for automatic runway orientation.With what testing I've done so far, except as noted above, the programs appear to be identical.And by the way, I do not have FSUIPC installed and everything appears to work that I've tried.It works flawlessly on my two monitor set-up as well. This was a great relief, considering the step backwards of the main program in this area.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Hi fellas, thanks ...My point, though, does not relate to FS9 ... I have both FSUIPC and FSNav latest versions installed there. What I cannot fathom from any forum so far is whether if I overwrite my last FS2002 versions of these files with the latest (which were, respectively, FSUIPC 2.87 and FSNav 4.51) I will LOSE some of the functionality I currently enjoy in FS2002?In other words, if ain't broke, don't fix it?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

>In other words, if ain't broke, don't fix it?In this case yes, if you are not getting added functionality then there is no need to Install them in your FS2002 setup.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Aidi

Easy way to prove if it will be advantageous to you. Copy the Modules folder from Fs and put it somewhere safe.Install the new version of Fsnav and FSUIPC into the modules folder and overwrite the existing files. It it all works well then great, if not, just plonk the copy of your modules folder back and overwrite again and you will be back to the config prior to any upgrades.RgdsAidihttp://www.vfr-flightcenter.com/avsim_sig.jpg

Bottom line, if it ain't broke don't fix it that is for FS2k2.From the newsgroups Mark, FSNav does not need FSUIPC so you can install 4.6 in FS2k2 without a problem, even though 4.6 is really only an upgrade for FS9 compaibility.AFAIK the inablilty to move the a/c is a limitation of FS9, and I think the 'move tower view' is also.If you do not have a registered version of FSUIPC and you install V3 upwards then you will lose some of the functionality of FSUIPC in both FS2k2 and FS9.TBH If you use FSUIPC a lot and have done for some considerable time I considering paying for it as a 'thank you' to Pete for 5 years of continuous development, of course you may see it differently and decide not to pay, that is your choice.HTH

Guest daveg4otu

Regarding any effect the latest FSUIPC may have on the functionality of FSNav in 2002- I can't tell you as I don't use FSNav.However I can tell you that when I changed the old FSUIPC for the new version in my copy of 2002 it caused problems with online flying using Squawkbox/Servinfo.What happened was that ,if I filed a flight plan,then ran Servinfo,on checking my flight plan details on Servinfo it always showed my aircraft position as about 1000 miles west on Accra(Ghana).Entering the free registration code into FSUIPC made no difference.Funny thing is it all works fine in FS9-But if you don't enter the reg code you get a similar error plus no ATC listing.Bottom line now is I use FSUIPC 3(with code) for FS9 and the old version for FS2002 and all works well.I realise this doesn't asnswer your question ,but it may help anyone else who gets a problem in FS2002.Dave

I don't get it...To quote YOU..."In other words, if ain't broke, don't fix it?"To answer your own question... Go read your own quote...Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card