Sign in to follow this  
MikeAdamo

Open FS9 and another application at same time!?

Hi All,Here's a question for all you "programmer" types....Is there a way to program a shortcut so that when I double click, say my FS9 shortcut and open FS9 it could also open another program such as Grabber2K (screen shot app) at the same time? Kind of a 2 for 1 shortcut.Thanks!!Mikehttp://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpg

There is somewhere a freeware program that does that try a google don't remember where I found it. I also done that but since it changed config files to allow several fs2002.cfg at same time it shouldn't work in FS9. If you have a registered FSUIPC copy it also does that.Jos

could it be done through a batch file? and create a shortcut for that batch file (could even use the FS9 icon ;) )John

>Is there a way to program a shortcut so that when I double click, >say my FS9 shortcut and open FS9 it could also open another program >such as Grabber2K (screen shot app) at the same time? Kind of a 2 >for 1 shortcut.A batch file is probably the way to go.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Mike,If you run FSUIPC (not sure if you need the registered version) there is a companion program 'FSUIPCRunOptions.zip' that allows you to list any additional programs you want to start with FS.It is available from Pete Dowsons site and I think it is also here in the library.Other than that a batch file would do it as Ernie says.Before I got the RunOptions program I just created a shortcut to my screen grabber and just put it into the start menu so it appeared just above 'programs' when you hit the 'start' button.HTH

Thanks for the help folks!!I tried the batch file route but ran into some problems with the DOS box not closing so I tried the FSUIPCRunOptions file and it works like a charm!! Got my screen capture software loaded up and ready for every flight.Thanks again to you all for the quick answers!!Mikehttp://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpg