Sign in to follow this  
hightower

ILS frequencies in Garmin GPS

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I have not been able to find ILS frequencies listed for any particular airports, in the Garmin GPS units. Are they listed anywhere or is this a project waiting to happen? Also, is it possible to automatically transfer flight plan info from FSNav 2004 to the Garmin GPS as is done within FS 2004 when you create a flight plan?Chris

I don't use default Garmin units.But your third NAV page (called "navcom") should list all airport frequencies for you departure and destination airports including the ILS frequencies. So you could check it if it is there.I also strongly encourage using the Garmin trainer (that you can download for free) to learn how to operate the unit (and reading the manual wouldn't hurt either).And obviously I encourage anyone to purchase the Reality-XP's Garmin GNS530 for 100% realistic GNS 530 for your simulation needs.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

www.garmin.com has PDF manuals which helped me a ton using the FS9 garmin. Keep in mind that a few pages are not implemented in the FS version - the satellite signal page, and something else. That said, the quick start guide has a flow chart showing how to find the info you want. Genius. Much easier than the FS help desk.Airport Frequencies is the second WPT page, if I'm not mistaken. There are probably other ways to the same data.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Thanks for the info. I have been able to locate the airport frequencies which show tower, ground, ATIS, etc, but could not find any ILS frequencies. Will take a look at the suggested links for Garmin.

Guest wathomas777

If it has ILS, it's there. You may have to scroll down the list by pressing the "knob" to bring up the cursor, then using the "outer dial" to scroll the cursor down. They probably are further down and you have to scroll to them.The "Learning" center has a nice big write up on the GPS. It's a pretty big learning curve, but hey, it gives you something to do while you are enroute on autopilot. It's actually rather powerful, and even has pre-programmed approaches that you can slave it to. Nice.

Guest CargoMun

They are there, further down on the list of frequencies.Click the "PUSH CRSR" button first in the middle to activate the list. Then using the outter scroll arrows to take it down to the bottom.If you want to transfer the frequencies auto to the radio just mark wichever ILS and then click the ENT button. It will then transfer the numbers to you're standby NAV1 in the radio.

Push the NRST button, push the Selector knob to turn on the cursor, scroll down to the airport you want. Use the selector knob to move to the frequencies page and scroll down..When you find the ILS frequency you want, push enter and it will be transferred to your NAV radio standby position.. pretty neat..

Bert

Bert:Now that is neat! Evidently I just have not gone far enough into the tutorial to find the ILS frequencies. Found the AP frequencies for ATIS, Ground, Tower etc., but not the ILS. Will dig deeper.ThanksChris