Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogknot

How do I get atc to recognize my aircraft as the proper model and type

Guest panda234

for instance, boeing 737. Which of the fields below are relevant to this? And what models and types with it recognize, assuming the names are in the proper place? Is there a list somewhere? [fltsim.0]title=sim=model=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=kb_reference=ui_manufacturer=ui_type=ui_variation=visual_damage=description=atc_heavy=atc_id=atc_airline=atc_flight_number=Thx!billg

Guest panda234

this specifically is the one that I'm having problems with. ATC calls it Experimental.[fltsim.0]title=B737-200_FX Air Canadasim=N270FLmodel=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=LNSUXatc_airline=air canadaatc_flight_number=1123visual_damage=1ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-200ui_variation="Air Canada"description=Older Air Canada 737-200Any help appreciated...thx!billg

Under the [general] section of the cfg file type thisatc_type=Boeingatc_model=B732

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Joseph,i have the same problem but with different AC's being not recognized:1) PAI EMBRAER 140 (135 and 145 are OK).2) LOCKHEED L1011Does FS2004 support them? What i need is a list of recognized type/model; also, adding updates to FS2004 will i get them detected as they are by ACoF?Thanks for helpingLuigi ;-)

At: ui_variation="Air Canada" remove the quotes on both ends.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest panda234

Joseph, this is what the section looks like now, and atc is still calling me experimental... [fltsim.0]title=B737-200_FX Air Canadasim=N270FLmodel=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=LNSUXatc_airline=air canadaatc_flight_number=1123atc_type=boeingatc_model=b732visual_damage=1ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-200ui_variation="Air Canada"description=Older Air Canada 737-200thx,billg

Guest panda234

Jim, taking out the quotes didn't make a difference, atc is still calling me experimental. Argh, I've done this before, it must be staring me in the face but I can't see it. I've tried comparing it to aircraft that atc recognizes but can't see where I'm going wrong...thxbillg

Guest panda234

hmmm, think I got it. Had the model and type in the first section, not under [General]. Doh....Thx for the help, rocking now. :-)billg

Guest dogknot

Normally atc_type and atc_model are found (or placed) under the heading [General] in the aircraft.cfg This way they are 'below' all the aircraft stats and any repaints you may add to the cfg in the future will also be covered. Otherwise you will need to type in atc_type=xxx and atc_model=xxx below each new texture.from the default Boeing 737-400 cfg:[General]atc_type=BOEINGatc_model=B734editable=0performance="Cruise Speed n477 kts 550 mph 885 km/hnnEngines nCFM56-3C1nnMaximum Range n2,059 nm 2,370 mi 3,810 kmnnService Ceiling n36, 089 ft 11,000 mnnFuel Capacity n5,311 U.S. gal 20,104 LnnEmpty Weight-Standard n76,180 lb 34,550 kgnnMaximum Gross Weightn150,000 lb 68,039 kgnnLength n120 ft 36.45 mnnWingspan n94 ft, 9 in 25.9 mnnHeight n36.5 ft 11.13 mnnSeating nSeats 147 to 168nnCargo Capacity n1,373 ft3 38.93 m3nn"