Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Where do I start to get a look at the Old Severn Bridge...

Just d/l the addon but did not see where a person could start to take a look...any chap out there who can give me a clue?thanks!

It (or they, rather) is on the wet bit to the west of Bristol. Take off from Filton - or Gloucestershire, further north a bit - and fly over the Severn estuary. It's the only bit of water for miles around, and easily distinguishable 'coz it's wiggly in the middle.Now you know why I never got a pilot's licence.I highly recommend the freeware mesh for England by Nanucq at Faitmain, produced recently for FS2004. It's excellent.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Mark, Is it better than Lago's UK and does it cover Scotland ?ThanksAD

Guest Jozef_K

Ad, I am not Mark :-) but I can answer your second question: it covers the United Kingdom (UK) rather than England (as the name of the file suggests). And Scotland is part of the UK.I assume you know the difference between the UK, Great Britain and e.g.England/Scotland etc.Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg

ADPart of your question is already answered ... but in terms of is it as good or not ... I have both, but have not tested Lago's mesh in FS9. I can say, though, that the new mesh is topographically more accurate in the places I know well in FS9 than Lago's was in FS2002. And Lago's was the best around for that version.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. Cardiff? Where's Cardiff? Oh, isn't that where they sing a lot, have real coal fires and it's always raining?http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

>P.S. Cardiff? Where's Cardiff? Oh, isn't that where they>sing a lot, have real coal fires and it's always raining?That's the one... ;-)

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

"I assume you know the difference between the UK"I'm afraid I don't, the UK education left me behind in terms of geography. Please explain ?

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

OK, thanks.The Lago mesh seems to run out of steam around the Pennines and NW to the Lakes. Having lived there for a number of years I was dissapointed, especially when taking the DSB Tornado out for a spin from Warton, round the lakes, turning south over Morecombe and Liverpool bays down to the Valleys,(said in my best accent) across into Staffs for a practise bombing run around Stone,(pesky potteries) following a visual A34 then North back to Warton maintaining 200 feet and a 36 minute mission deadline. I'm not using 2004 not until some of the problems have been patched /sorted. If you've used the mesh in 2002 and can offer any comment, I'd appreciate it. Ash

Guest Speed

UK Geography Lesson===================England is a country that shares the island of Great Britain with the countries of Wales and Scotland. The Unitied Kingdom is ruled by the British Monarchy and includes Great Britain, Northern Island, and a bunch of smaller islands.Speed.

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

:-lol Ireland, I believe.Thanks for the lesson!Ash

Guest Lizardo

I've got the Visual Flight, Lago and Faitmain's..in 2k2 and CoF and Faitman's is superior. (all of Faitmain's are superior, in my opinion).

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

OK, thanks, just to end my geography lesson, it's England, Scotland and Ireland in faitmains ?

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

OK thanks, I'll go get it and try it out. would you know of any for Southern Ireland ?ASh