Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbbarker

Grabowski ERJ Panel Question

Guest rbbarker

Twas flying along today and selecting the FMS as the inputs for the autopilot. What I found was that the FMS/GPS was still looking to pass the departure airport waypoint so it made a wild turn 180 degrees. I couldn't figure out how to switch waypoints through the ERJ panel. I can do it in the regular GPS, but not here. How is this done?Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special ProjectsKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineswww.flywestwind.com

I think there might be a way. One day I found that by hitting shift and one of the numerical keys the 2K2 GPS popped up. I may be mistaken, but give it a go.Hope it works!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest rbbarker

Then what do you do when you take off with a flight plan loaded, but the GPS fails to register the first waypoint (the departure airport) and you are in the middle of your first leg? When you engage the autopilot, it turns towards the departure airport unless you skip to the next waypoint. It happens to me occasionally and it can be done using the standard GPS buttons. Are the GPS command buttons just not available on the panel?Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special ProjectsKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineswww.flywestwind.com

Guest rbbarker

Yeah, I can go to the menu and manually call up the GPS, but all that does is make the GPS display go blank. No kind of interface or buttons appear.Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special ProjectsKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineswww.flywestwind.com

I usually set up all my flight plans so that waypoint one is the departure runway, that way, even without the A/P on I pass over it and the GPS registers and selects the next waypoint, which is usually 6 miles straight ahead.In all the flights I have made using Bill's panel, it's never failed to register a waypoint or start making a 180 after takeoff, unless that's what the flight plan called for.

Guest rbbarker

It happened to me the othe rday going ATL to CHS. I'll just quit letting FS pick my waypoints. I'll manually select the first. Thanks.Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special ProjectsKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineswww.flywestwind.com

BoydThat's probably the best solution. Set your own first waypoint. Cheers for now!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)