Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

Freeware that allows cabin announcements

Hello all,I am looking for a freeware add-on that adds cabin announcements. I have used FSPassengers but have abandoned it because of technical issues. I'm not looking for an overly complicated add-on with multiple functions, I'm just looking for something that opens a small 2d panel with a bunch of buttons I can click to start my announcements, or better. If I have to buy payware for this, then so be it.Off-topic, but thought I'd ask anyways since I've opened a thread, where can I access FSX's logbook?

Thanks TierBorn,Concerning cabin announcements, I use FS2Crew..but I don't know how to change audio files. I can't find any audio files in my FS2Crew folder with an extension that I recognize. Would anyone know how I can replace audio files? If I can get this to work, I wouldn't really need another program for cabin announcements.

Thanks TierBorn,Concerning cabin announcements, I use FS2Crew..but I don't know how to change audio files. I can't find any audio files in my FS2Crew folder with an extension that I recognize. Would anyone know how I can replace audio files? If I can get this to work, I wouldn't really need another program for cabin announcements.
Which version of FS2Crew?If it's a newer "Voice" version (or post-Voice) version, you can't change the audio files unless you know how to decompile and recompile an XACT project.If it's an older version of FS2Crew, swapping sound files is easy.Cheers,

Search the library for FDSFX panel, that's what you need my friend. This is a panel which you include as gauge into your aircraft. You have various buttons and can use every sound file available out there. You can also look at flightsim Greetings,Pegasus.

I was able to replace the FS2Crew sound files, but sometimes I really don't want to go through all the checklists. I just want to select "PA" button and select the cabin announcement, however FS2Crew sometimes does things on its own. Is there anyway to disable it?Also, has FS2Crew been known to affect any of the autopilot functions of the PMDG 747? Has this been reported before in the past? Because I have reason to suspect that FS2Crew is doing something screwy to my autopilot.The FDSFX freeware is for FS9, will it work for FSX?Thanks,

Yes, it's FREEWARE and works for FS9 + FSX
Yep at least for me it worked in fsx, I heard some people that complained it did not work in fsx. :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I was able to replace the FS2Crew sound files, but sometimes I really don't want to go through all the checklists. I just want to select "PA" button and select the cabin announcement, however FS2Crew sometimes does things on its own. Is there anyway to disable it?Also, has FS2Crew been known to affect any of the autopilot functions of the PMDG 747? Has this been reported before in the past? Because I have reason to suspect that FS2Crew is doing something screwy to my autopilot.The FDSFX freeware is for FS9, will it work for FSX?Thanks,
You should ask the FS2Crew PMDG 747 sub-forum, but for the record FS2Crew cannot access the internal autopilot code of the PMDG 747. Accordingly, FS2Crew cannot alter the 747's autopilot logic.Here's an Avsim review of FS2Crew for the 747 (PMDG and default) if it helps:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0207/FS2Crew747/FS2Crew747.htmCheers,

Has anyone managed to get this FDSFX installed in a PMDG FSX aircraft? I tried to,following all the instructions and editing of the panel.cfg meticulously after making a back-up of the original panel.cfg,but still do not see the panel anywhere.Or is it just intended for any FS2004 aircraft or the default FSX aircraft?Thanks in advance.

You should ask the FS2Crew PMDG 747 sub-forum, but for the record FS2Crew cannot access the internal autopilot code of the PMDG 747. Accordingly, FS2Crew cannot alter the 747's autopilot logic.Here's an Avsim review of FS2Crew for the 747 (PMDG and default) if it helps:http://www.avsim.com.../FS2Crew747.htmCheers,
I want to retract my initial suspicion that FS2Crew was playing with my autopilot functions. After several more tests, I have ruled out any FS2Crew involvement with the problems I was having.