Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Anybody using GetWeather

Hi:I am still using FS2k2. I had used a program called GetWeather from Bearsoft for awhile. It was a neat little program that downloaded real world weather info from Microsoft/Jeppesen weather sight and stored it on the hard drive for later retrieval. This worked well for me because I could download real world weather information while at work to take home and use in FS2k2 since I currently have no internet connection at home. I haven't downloaded any new weather for a while. Today, I saw that Bearsoft was releasing Getweather version 3.0 so I downloaded it, installed it here at work and tried to run it. I am getting a message that it cannot connect to FS2kzone. Has Microsoft/Jeppesen changed the sight for real weather downloads?Thanks in advance for any info.Scott

Guest in_04

Hi Scott,no the site is still fs2k.zone.com (http://fs2k.zone.com/metars_and_winds_aloft.bin)Also the downloaded files for Fs2k2 and FS2k4 are the same. Only a fronts.bin is additional downloaded for Fs2k4, the METAR and winds aloft is in one file, which is the same for FS2k2 and FS2k4.If you get a connection problem, this could be a problem of youre internet connection.Try the link above, if it work GetWeather should work to, if not you have a problem.ByeMarkus

I can only say that I've been using getweather 3 for a few weeks without a problem.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)