Sign in to follow this  
davidv

What's a good 1000W PSU?

Just curious what a good 1000W PSU is (going to use a Coolermaster HAF 932 full tower case so needs long cables). Someone recommended this one - thoughts?http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341028

1000W wait a sec what are your specs that could be way too much. If you just have and i7 and one x16 GPU and 1 or 2 HDD you will not need more than 700W which is what I have but if your sure on getting 1000W get this one http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171049&cm_re=1000w_power_supply-_-17-171-049-_-Product it's all 5 star and it's cheaper, you don't need Gold Certifed blah bla it won't matter to you. This is the one to get. Btw a fellow canadaian?

Guest chris493

Yep. Get the corsair HX1000. Probs the best and most efficient PSU out there. Oh try the Enermax Revolution 85+ range. They are 850W, 1000W and 1200W I think and are very very good

Not sure what I want to do in the future so I figure a 1000w will futureproof me well.What about this one? http://www.newegg.ca...N82E16817139007And yes fellow Canuck :)System will be ASUS P6X58D / i7 950 (to be OC'd to 4.2ghz) / 6 gigs Muskin redline / single Geforce GTX 480 / twin SSD's
That would have been my recommendation. Corsair is as good as it gets, and you definitely want to go modular with them. I got the 750W nonmodular version, and now I have 8 cables coming out of the thing that I don't know what to do with.

Not sure what I want to do in the future so I figure a 1000w will futureproof me well.What about this one? http://www.newegg.ca...N82E16817139007And yes fellow Canuck :)System will be ASUS P6X58D / i7 950 (to be OC'd to 4.2ghz) / 6 gigs Muskin redline / single Geforce GTX 480 / twin SSD's
Looks good but there's no reason to get such an expensive one, cooler master us a great product/company

Corsair have a seven year warranty on the 850 watt version of this PSU in the UK and Europe, so they are built to last.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi,I had my coursair 750 watt P/S for 13 months before it went bad, it burnt out my processor and M/B. If you want a good P/S, Enermax is one of the best available. It is the only company I will ever buy a power supply from again. I now own/run a 1000 watt and a 1250 watt P/S from Enermax.As far as Coursair, they may have been a great company in the past, but things have changed. I had the 750 watt power supply go bad, I had to exchange my top-of-the-line state-of-the-art memory THREE times because they went bad within a month or two after installing them. I had to have a second set of ram replaced twice as well.I will no longer pay top dollar for inferior products from Coursair...

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

The Corsair HX1000W Modular unit has been good to me for quite some time and I have a pretty good load on it: (i.e. I7-975, Scythe CPU Fan, GTX285, Pedals & Yoke, 4 HD's plus an occasional external backup, 4 monitors, Scanner, Flash Card Reader, Two Printers, Two CD/DVD Read & Writes, PlusDeck 2C, WinTV etc.) The modular cables save a little bit of room as well.Good luck:RTH

Guest chris493

Hmmmm I doubt a company offering a 7 year warranty (it says 10 year on their website) would produce an inferior product. I reckon there is something wrong with your actual computer setup, rather than te PSU. I, and so many of my mates, have used cordair PSUs whether TX or HX ranging from 650 to 1000, for about 4 years now. Never ever ever had a single problem with corsair PSUs. The only explanation to your problems are: a fake, a very unlikely dud, computer setup issues, other component faults, or a dodgy retailer (second hand maybe?)

HelloCorsair do not make PSU's.They are made by various companies for corsair, some good some not so good.Stick to companies that build and sell their own brand.Seasonic are one of these and probably the best out there.And yes Seasonic do make some corsair HX PSU's but not all of the HX's are seasonicsome are by Channel Well Technology.The TX's are all channel well technology AFAIK

Try an Antec TruePower Quattro1000W... My last pc had an Antec Quattro 850W and it's still going strong (+2 years)...You may want to invest also in a UPS because line spikes and overvoltage may damage your brand new PSU... APC is a good brand (if not the best) for that stuff...Dexter

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Guest chris493

Please don't turn this post into another fight of "get this psu, it's made by ..." or "don't get that PSU, it's not made by themselves". As I said before, out of all the guys I know with custom rigs, 14 of them use corsair PSUs. About 9 use HX, and 5 use TX. None of them have ever had problems with their PSUs. So all this rubbish about some corsair PSUs being dodgy because they're made by ... Is complete BS.

Hi,I've been building computers since the days of the IBM 8088 with full height drives, there is nothing wrong with my computer setup. The PSU was purchased from Newegg, I find it hard to believe they sold me a fake and/or second hand unit. You seem to be going out of your way to try and show its anyone and everyone else's fault (something wrong with your actual computer setup, a fake, a very unlikely dud, computer setup issues, other component faults, or a dodgy retailer) but Coursair. I purchase top of the line products from reputable companies, this problem as well as my memory issues lie with faulty Coursair equipment and noone else!.Now back to my new system build with a Prometeia Mach II GT phase changer. Lets see what FSX can do at 5GHz. :Big Grin:

Hmmmm I doubt a company offering a 7 year warranty (it says 10 year on their website) would produce an inferior product. I reckon there is something wrong with your actual computer setup, rather than te PSU. I, and so many of my mates, have used cordair PSUs whether TX or HX ranging from 650 to 1000, for about 4 years now. Never ever ever had a single problem with corsair PSUs. The only explanation to your problems are: a fake, a very unlikely dud, computer setup issues, other component faults, or a dodgy retailer (second hand maybe?)

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck